• Thread starter bab5crusade
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bab5crusade

It's that time of the year again. Target is a new team to fight for the golden poo reward. Our first battle will be with McDonald's. Time to place your bets:

mX7Jz4Vl.png

http://consumerist.com/2014/03/18/h...-this-years-worst-company-in-america-bracket/

I didn't think that Target would make it out of the first round, what with McDonald's having the wage issues and Target's recently advertised problem being with hackers as opposed to deeply immoral internal practices.

I'm going to laugh if EA wins again! I heard that their web server was hacked to host a phishing website. I honestly don't think they have the steam to win this time around, though.

I can't believe Sallie Mae didn't make it out of round 1. Seaworld's definitely worse than J&J. I no longer live in Comcast land, but I hate them so much + this TWC purchase (not final and could still be blocked by fcc) is enough for me to be rooting for them.

Target was fast,fun and friendly a long,long time ago but that ship sailed 2 years ago......... It is just a company now and all about the " vibe" it really isn't the company I remember 2 years ago. Worst company :eek:

Lol is McDonalds really worse than Target? Closest thing I've worked to Fast Food was Dominos/Papa Johns, and those weren't too bad.

Interesting contest but if the votes are cast from the perspective of the consumer, there's no way Target would lose - especially against McDonalds. Most consumers love their Target (minus the whole data breach incident).

If employees were the ones voting, then it would be super interesting indeed.

Lol is McDonalds really worse than Target? Closest thing I've worked to Fast Food was Dominos/Papa Johns, and those weren't too bad.

Well, McDonalds did have a employee resources website that had off the wall things like a budget planner whose example numbers were completely unrealistic. Something like 70+ hours a week at minimum wage, extremely lowballed expenses like $10 per month for health insurance, and rent that was only realistic in areas with very low housing costs. After that, it tried to claim you would have $500 a month left over as spending money....except it didn't account for food at all.

The site also recommended doing things like returning unopened Christmas gifts (because stores give cash for those!! oh wait..), shutting off your heat, and to "Stop complaining. Stress hormones rise by 15% after 10 minutes of complaining." Also, many McDonalds franchise owners pay their employees using debit cards that charge a fee on every transaction.

I'm sure working at McDonalds isn't really any worse than most other fast food businesses, they get the extra attention due to being the largest (much like Wal-Mart does) and doing things like the above.

^The budget thing also assumed they would all have a second job. Then a month or so after that budget thing came out, info was released that they had a resource hotline that recommended food stamps, medicaid and heating assistance. I have food stamps and qualify for medicaid lol, but Target doesn't have a hotline to send me toward that. If they do, the media doesn't know about it, so that added points to the evilness meter for McDonald's.

oh the havoc we could wreak

but honestly I hope it comes down to Comcast and EA. that would be interesting. Actually I hate them both so I cant decide who I would root for.

oh the havoc we could wreak

but honestly I hope it comes down to Comcast and EA. that would be interesting. Actually I hate them both so I cant decide who I would root for.
After winning two years straight, EA has already been eliminated this year. By Time Warner Cable, who ironically is in the middle of being purchased by comcast.

Damn. ok then shifting to Microsoft and Comcast. same deal as before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back