Specialty Contacting Another Store

lokinix

Tech After Dark
I was in Tech the other day and I was trying to call another store to check the stock of an item (because we know the counts aren't always right) and when I got through to Tech (after it ringing constantly), I got put on hold for 10+ minutes before I hung up. I called and tried Guest Services and that rang off the hook until the system hung up on me. I tried the leader line (just for S&G) and that also rang off the hook.

What do you do when you're trying to contact another store and you can't get thru?

A guest was right in front of me (that I was helping) when this happened. I felt so bad...

I inform them that there isn’t a direct line between stores . I google the store phone number and then dial it on speakerphone to ensure guest can hear what’s going. If store doesn’t pick up I apologize and the guest tends to understand…

I was in Tech the other day and I was trying to call another store to check the stock of an item (because we know the counts aren't always right) and when I got through to Tech (after it ringing constantly), I got put on hold for 10+ minutes before I hung up. I called and tried Guest Services and that rang off the hook until the system hung up on me. I tried the leader line (just for S&G) and that also rang off the hook.

What do you do when you're trying to contact another store and you can't get thru?

A guest was right in front of me (that I was helping) when this happened. I felt so bad...
Should have just used a myCheckout, saved the sale, and moved on. We don't call other stores for guests anymore because there are plenty of options.

Our tech dept won't give out stock info over the phone anymore. They simply tell the guest they can check online, place an OPU, or come in to the store. On hands can change so quickly now because of fulfillment that it's simply not worth the time to call another store or give that info over the phone.

I go by the what the zebra says and that's it. I'm not in Tech though, maybe it's different for you guys because you have a phone.
I always say i will gladly try and call for you, but if they are busy there's a chance they won't pick up the phone. So you can just go over there yourself. But i always open with "this is x from y location store, could you check on a item for my guest it says you have 2 heres the dpci"

For those saying don’t call I disagree. I know nothing can be held but, if device says other store has it a call can confirm they have it. Device counts are often wrong and we can save the guest a trip if they don’t have it. Use my checkout to save the sale is usually a good option but, not when it’s days before Christmas and they need it for Christmas.

For those saying don’t call I disagree. I know nothing can be held but, if device says other store has it a call can confirm they have it. Device counts are often wrong and we can save the guest a trip if they don’t have it. Use my checkout to save the sale is usually a good option but, not when it’s days before Christmas and they need it for Christmas.
We don't have a mycheckout in tech normally, and the normal zebras don't have it (I don't recall the app being loaded on).

Don’t bother calling nothing can be put on hold. Suggest opu.
I know people have put stuff on hold all the time in Tech (as long as it isn't a "hot" item) and I think we have a hold area at GS.
I go by the what the zebra says and that's it. I'm not in Tech though, maybe it's different for you guys because you have a phone.
Every Zebra in my store has one. You just look at other locations in myday and tap the phone number and it calls it.
Don’t bother calling nothing can be put on hold. Suggest opu.
This is what I do, I recommend they do OPU and not to head there until it is ready.

Nope. I give the guest the other stores number and tell them they can call. I will write the dpci on a piece of paper for them. Then move on to the next guest.

Back