I have been transferred to another store ( i asked for transfer other store close to my house )

I am s part time employee I work GM , I have been at new store only 2 days. And to be honest not that happy...if I want to get transferred back to old store...is this possible? Before I request it.

On my zebra I was receiving incoming calls. I forgot how to turn off settings to not receive those calls when I went to a manager they said. Answer the calls. .soo I was answering calls instead of doing my job on Salesforce ugg.

Then at end of my shift a TL said I didn't get anything done lol ..geesh ..

It's one of those contradictory things. Depending on your leaders, you either focus on tasks or guests. Current leadership at my store is way more task focused. I haven't heard anything about "greet every guest" or calls to sign in to the phones. I have heard constant criticisms about TMs work not getting completed (despite unrealistic goals).
There are some "guest first" calls for backup. And for backup on flexible fulfillment. Avoid going if you can. Focus where your leader tells you to.
But.. they will tell you to do everything if you ask about it, because it's their job to relay the company BS lines to the underlings.
You know what they actually care about by what they fuss about not being done well enough.

Last edited:
If you work in toys make sure you are logged into toys or whatever department you work in .
How do you do this? I work in a different GM department and wouldn't mind at all being logged into that, but our phone login, as far as I know, doesn't separate out GM departments. I hate being logged in for all of GM when practically no calls are ever for my area.
To the OP: Way too soon to ask about transferring back. Give it a fair chance and try to make it work at your new store. Change can be hard, even when it's something we want. Give yourself time to adjust and get used to how your new store does things because, well, ASANTS.

How do you do this? I work in a different GM department and wouldn't mind at all being logged into that, but our phone login, as far as I know, doesn't separate out GM departments. I hate being logged in for all of GM when practically no calls are ever for my area.
To the OP: Way too soon to ask about transferring back. Give it a fair chance and try to make it work at your new store. Change can be hard, even when it's something we want. Give yourself time to adjust and get used to how your new store does things because, well, ASANTS.
When you log in top right corner should show departments .

When you log in top right corner should show departments .
Actually remembered to look for this today. Do you mean the little gray circle with my initials in it? If so, that's not doing it for me. It does allow me to change areas and mine are correctly indicated. But my zebra will still ring for any GM call.

I'm logged in as a leader, but never get phone calls, even when a person standing next to me, logged in as the same, does. I've given up on trying to understand the Phone App. once emailed one of the developers and tried to ascertain if they understand how many calls are routinely dropped from TMs and guests trying to reach the store and they seemed completely unconcerned, explaining that an update would come for some of the TC58's in like a year, that would help with the problem.... like what, you don't see this as a bigger issue?! Totally disconnected.

I'm logged in as a leader, but never get phone calls, even when a person standing next to me, logged in as the same, does. I've given up on trying to understand the Phone App. once emailed one of the developers and tried to ascertain if they understand how many calls are routinely dropped from TMs and guests trying to reach the store and they seemed completely unconcerned, explaining that an update would come for some of the TC58's in like a year, that would help with the problem.... like what, you don't see this as a bigger issue?! Totally disconnected.
We barely even have TC58's.

All the TL's and ETL's have their own TC58, and we have 9 for TM's (specifically food and guest service).

We barely even have TC58's.

All the TL's and ETL's have their own TC58, and we have 9 for TM's (specifically food and guest service).

It's the same situation with us. We have 58's for all the leads, but still have what was it, 51's or 52's lurking about, plus all the 56/57s. Seriously, I was calling the Client Support Center about an issue where we couldn't tie any planograms, and in order to test the extent of the issue, support was having me test it on various devices and OS versions, and that's where we saw: yep, you've got every single device number.

This is why I gave up signing in to the phone about an hour after the new process went into effect. Signed in, took three calls in a row that had nothing to do with Style, and noped out.

Most of our zebras don't sign you in automatically, thankfully, and the sign out feature still seems to exist on most of them as well, thank goodness.

THIS. Answering the phone sucks but it sucks even more when only one person is answering calls and gets flooded with them. That and guests don't like it either, so do you really want more angry karens in the store?
I'm still salty about answering the phones from when I was first hired and Style had to answer them for the whole damn store. Never made sense to me, always thought it should be Guest Services, and they were always so snotty if we missed one: "Softlines, make sure you're answering the phone!". Like, sorry I had an armload of clothes and didn't throw them on the floor to get the damn phone.

To this day I cackle with delight thinking about the day they moved the main phone to GS. 😆

I'm still salty about answering the phones from when I was first hired and Style had to answer them for the whole damn store. Never made sense to me, always thought it should be Guest Services, and they were always so snotty if we missed one: "Softlines, make sure you're answering the phone!". Like, sorry I had an armload of clothes and didn't throw them on the floor to get the damn phone.

To this day I cackle with delight thinking about the day they moved the main phone to GS. 😆
I regularly ignore the phone at the service desk too. I'm often the only person at the service desk, I'm not answering the phone when I have a line, the guests in the store in front of me take priority over people on the phone.

If I don't have a line, or there's someone else at the desk with me, I'll answer the phone, but otherwise, nah.

I get that. For many years, I worked in office jobs where I had to answer the phone for the whole division. It's been a very long time since I've done that, but I still hate the phone, even for personal use.
Wouldn't mind at all answering for my area, even the adjoining ones, but I guess it'd require an extensive menu for anyone calling to get to exactly the right department. Still, it could be divided up more than it is. "GM" is a pretty broad category.

This thread is now about how bad the phones are.
I hate answering the my device phone because, how do I talk to someone and use the mydevice to look something up at the same time, without putting them on speaker phone for every other guest nearby to hear whatever random uncensored nonsense falls out of their mouth?

This thread is now about how bad the phones are.

If it isn't derailed it's not a Break Room thread.

8c1.gif

Back