Benefits Contract

Hello, I'm looking for a bit of information regarding my position as well as. I am a guest service advocate (part-time). I am looking for a copy of my employment contract, maybe a general one is online. as well as information on my benefits.

I would like to read my contract as my target likes to push others to do things outside of their comfort zone (position and other work) due to short staff. I don't believe this is far and would simply like to read into the contract we all signed as cashiers.

Hello, I'm looking for a bit of information regarding my position as well as. I am a guest service advocate (part-time). I am looking for a copy of my employment contract, maybe a general one is online. as well as information on my benefits.

I would like to read my contract as my target likes to push others to do things outside of their comfort zone (position and other work) due to short staff. I don't believe this is far and would simply like to read into the contract we all signed as cashiers.
You actually did signed that you are able to scan , bag all merchandise and work other areas of the store . That’s the only way you got thru with the interview .

"Employment contract."

LOL. We don't have contracts, at least not ones that protect us. Outside of unions, true employment contracts are super rare in the US. If you don't like the terms of your employment, you are free to quit.

And, yes, whatever position you were hired for, you can be asked to do things not in your position. If you don't like it, you can quit.

An analogy for you:
You are on a boat that has a hole and is sinking. Are you going to pitch in & help or are you going to sit in the way & affirm slowing the leak isn't your job? Alternately, you can get on a lifeboat and get the fuck out of the way for those who ARE willing to do what is necessary to keep afloat.

Last edited:
Employment contract? With Target? No, we don't have those. We do, however, have a handy-dandy little catch-all called "other duties as may be required" or some such.
Cashiers at my store have been roped into picking online orders, doing extra cleaning, and working the truck. People are staying home if they can, shopping only for necessities, preferably not shopping at all. We had maybe 1 call for back-up today, on a Saturday morning.
Be glad you're being given hours to do what needs to be done. Your store could assign those tasks to others who want the hours, leave you with not many hours at all.

Sorry, no contract. Once you punch in you are theirs to assign to whatever they want. If memory serves there is a section in the interview paperwork that has you agree to work in other areas of the store, not just your department, and get used to the phrase “needs of the business”, you will hear it many times as it is used to justify everything. Sent to pull OPU orders? Needs of the business. Can’t change your availability? Needs of the business. Working on Thanksgiving? Needs of the business. Backstock in the freezer? Needs of the business. Getting four hours a week in January? Needs of the business. Sent to catch the snake that wandered over from the pet shop? Needs of the business. That last one won’t happen to you, but whatever they want you to do or don’t want you to do will usually be accompanied by Spot’s mantra “needs of the business”.
It does seem that you should be allowed to do the job that you were hired for, but that just isn’t Spot’s way of doing things, since their goal is to do more with less, whoever is handy gets sent to deal with whatever dumpster fire is currently burning. That’s the reality of working at Spot. Good luck to you.

I am looking for a copy of my employment contract, maybe a general one is online. as well as information on my benefits.... I would like to read my contract as my target likes to push others to do things outside of their comfort zone (position and other work) due to short staff. I don't believe this is far and would simply like to read into the contract we all signed as cashiers.
There is no legal contract. The front page of your employee manual makes it crystal-clear that there is no "contract" between you and Target unless there's something actually in writing from the CEO and/or Chair of the Board directed to your personal employment agreement, something really offered only to the company's top echelon of executives.

In the USA, nearly all jobs are "employment-at-will". You can quit whenever you want. They can discharge or sack you whenever they want as long as it doesn't violate civil-rights or equal opportunity laws or local laws. If you were in a job under a collective bargaining unit between a union and an employer, you'd be covered by the union's labor contract. If you are a senior executive who negotiates an executive employment agreement directly with the Board or CEO, you'd have a contract. If you were elected to public office, you'd have a contract for your term of office. If you were appointed and confirmed by POTUS and the US Senate to a Federal judgeship, you'd have one of the only "permanent" jobs which exist in the USA. Hope this clarifies things.

Back