Archived Core roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdhdstpchl

Watching it all
Anyone got the Receiving Reverse Logistics TM core role? Need to review something on it.

Nobody is going to have a copy of that laying around they're internal documents. But if you want to review them your HR can get you a copy. (Assuming it's your role)

Its my core role. No one else wants to work the position in my store

I think its buried somewhere on workbench under logistics TM core roles. I'll try and find it again when I get a moment at work today.

Thanks Circle 9. Got ETL-LOG trying to say that loading the complete sweep ie pallets, bales etc are part of my core. Oddly enough they can't show it to me on paper.

Our receiver has to pull the sweep items, put them on pallets, shrink wrap them, and load them with all of the other returns on the truck. This was started last year. I think this is the new expectation of the position from corporate.

Our Receiving TM takes care of sweeps and loading bales as well.

The receiver at my store takes cares of sweeps. It's not hard to put some stuff in the truck with an electric pallet jack, what's the big deal?

My Receiver takes care of Sweeps too..

He's awesome (In the kind of way that he is a huge asshole, but u want him on your side)... Having been a PA and now as a Signing TM.....
If I was having problems with a Vendor, all I had to do was release the hound.

Same here, I handle the sweeps, though up until a month or so ago it was the space manager who did all the sweep stuff. I get a hand loading things on the trailer sometimes but most the time it's all me. And apparently we're getting approved for two sweeps a week so oh boy.

Found something on core roles on Workbench today and it's not much: six or so bullet points for reverse logistics/receiving TM. One of them is about handling outbound freight shipments and paperwork. I'd say sweeps fall under that category.

As a former receiver I can tell you it is your job to load the sweep. You are also responsible for adding items to the sweep. As far as pulling that it up to each store. My store pulled it for me every week except for Q4. If I may ask why is a such a big deal that it must be in your core role for you to do it? If loading a trailer full of a few bales couple stacks of pallets and Crc and salvage is hard maybe you should rethink the receiving position.

I do everything but pull my sweep including scan the backroom for items to add to the sweep batch. We have 2 a week. My 2nd one is much easier since the previous one is 2 days before it.

The flow TM who does trash loads the bales and our receiver does the rest of it. Honestly it doesn't seem like that big a deal and doesn't take him much time at all.

He wraps up the CRC and salvage and loads them on. Then the hangar bin, repacks, and clear plastic. There is no pulling of anything from the backroom to add to it (I think once in January a BRTM added a pallet of microwaves).

And are these normally only done 1-2 times a week? I'm pretty sure I've seen him loading it up every truck day except Saturday. Or maybe I'm not paying close enough attention.

First time I've seen so many people so quick to bash a TM for wanting to learn her core roles lmao.

I'm guessing it depends on your volume size and how many truck you take on, how many sweeps you have a week. I don't know much about receiving or its core roles, but our reciever, does it all. So I am guessing that if you just type in receiver into WB you will be able to find out what you are looking for. GOOD LUCK!

I'm guessing it depends on your volume size and how many truck you take on, how many sweeps you have a week. I don't know much about receiving or its core roles, but our reciever, does it all. So I am guessing that if you just type in receiver into WB you will be able to find out what you are looking for. GOOD LUCK!
Speaking as someone who's had to do a lot of self-educating through Workbench, its not that simple :(. In my experience, either you know what you're looking for (and can figure out the right seach terms to find it) or you stumble upon it while looking up something else. Lord help you if all you can find is a link to the glossary.

And if Workbench says to do a process one way and your store does it another? Have fun trying to deal with that.

Speaking as someone who's had to do a lot of self-educating through Workbench, its not that simple :(. In my experience, either you know what you're looking for (and can figure out the right seach terms to find it) or you stumble upon it while looking up something else. Lord help you if all you can find is a link to the glossary.

And if Workbench says to do a process one way and your store does it another? Have fun trying to deal with that.
Yeah.... It can be tedious. I agree. I finally stumbled on what I needed for my position and it made it so much better. But I found if you kinda keep it simple. And then if you seem to find some 'key words' that go together, put them together. But the pdf's usually do well for finding info. But I know what you are saying.

We have a designated backroom TM who handles every step of the sweeps process under receiving hours. He does the pulls, shrink-wraps the pallets, loads them onto the truck, everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back