COVID-19 Coronavirus...

I like that. It takes care of all my mask objections.

I wonder if stores would accept that as a form of mask.

I wonder what sort of materials I'd need to make one. I have no clue what that plastic looking stuff really is.

I'm sure it's ASANTS, but my store does.

This is so, so sad.

Two Coasts. One Virus. How New York Suffered Nearly 10 Times the Number of Deaths as California. - https://www.propublica.org/article/two-coasts-one-virus-how-new-york-suffered-nearly-10-times-the-number-of-deaths-as-california?utm_source=pocket-newtab

New York seems to be filled with "We asked and they won't tell us" vs. "They didn't ask and we answered what they did ask" as well as "We told and they didn't listen" vs. "They didn't say a thing". When the barn is in cinders and god knows where the horses are, why keep the argument of who last had the door keep going? Why not 'fess up and lay out a plan for joint door management when the barn is rebuilt?

And their pathetic "the feds misled us"...California got the same message from the federal government.

And a blurb that made me mad. Nurses with COVID-19 ordered to work. Seriously, what lame brain senior nurse or doctor can't grasp novel infectious disease and no native immunity? They ought to have their licenses pulled for ordering nurses back to work.

The picture though, that was haunting. More information. (I've got javascript disabled so I can see articles on the site, if anyone else has troubles.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c413ee-7f5f-11ea-a3ee-13e1ae0a3571_story.html

At a local Target two weeks ago a ManKaren told the AP person at the door "F-YOU" I'm not wearing a mask. Good example for the kids who were with he and his Karen. Are the AP folks at Target permitted to call the police if masks are required in a particular city? Wouldn't you love to throw this miserable SOB out on his ass!

I think the problem is people making the mask this big “it’s my rights damn it” issue when it’s about courtesy. I don’t really care for mask on a personal level but I get it puts others at ease and is what the community is kind of doing to slow the spread.

the medical exemption should require people to either have documentation or use drive up imo.

It shouldn’t be like the pet policy of “we will take your word for it”

There may be.

The pet policy is based on federal law; the Justice Department's documentation of implementing the ADA says that nothing more than "is it a service animal?" and "what is it trained to do?" can be asked. Even though you can ask about training, you can't ask about a demonstration, the dog (must be a dog or miniature horse) doesn't have to be marked, and the person doesn't have to carry documentation.

So maybe there's something in the local or state ordinances that requires proof of exemption to be carried, just like essential workers need travel documentation.

I think the problem is people making the mask this big “it’s my rights damn it” issue when it’s about courtesy. I don’t really care for mask on a personal level but I get it puts others at ease and is what the community is kind of doing to slow the spread.

the medical exemption should require people to either have documentation or use drive up imo.

The pet policy really pisses me off. We have a woman who brings an unleashed dog in and yes she can trot around the store with this dog untethered because she says so. I distrust dogs I don't know and am even wary of some that I do know, and I will get myself off the floor or far away from her until she and her dog leave. It's not right. And my city has a leash law.

Me being like "idk about y'alls personal ease"

The pet policy really pisses me off. We have a woman who brings an unleashed dog in and yes she can trot around the store with this dog untethered because she says so. I distrust dogs I don't know and am even wary of some that I do know, and I will get myself off the floor or far away from her until she and her dog leave. It's not right. And my city has a leash law.

my spouse is allergic to dogs so yes. How about you have some decency to people who actually need a service dogs and leave your dog at home.

my old cart attendant had many pet spills to clean over the years. Made me sad for him

It's not over till it's over ...Target finally got ahead of this somewhat by extending hazard pay again so that is a step in the right direction but people are thinking this virus is declining when history tells us as everyone starts coming out and starts going about business as usual and socializing there will be another wave of infections. I will continue to keep distance at work and continue to isolate at home...gardening is doing great

Be careful where you are getting your getting your information about Covid-19.
There are people putting a lot of bullshit onto social media for a whole bunch of different reasons.

Arson is a horrible, horrible crime. I just hope that once the likely perpetrators/suspects are found, the local prosecuting attorney has the backbone to actually prosecute the perps. Too often these days, prosecutors wimp out because the perps claimed to be part of some privileged group. I can't totally blame them, judges are known to exclude a lot of evidence from trials b/c of fear of being accused of "racial", "sexual","homophobic", "islamophobic" or "disability-phobic" discrimination against defendants.

Last edited:
Arson is a horrible, horrible crime.

It is a horrible crime. Debasing and obliterating consecrated ground just adds a whole new level of horror. Doesn't matter what religion consecrated the ground, doesn't have to be Christian, it is a foul violation against all that is good, an attempt at annihilation.

Back