COVID-19 Coronavirus

As more and more places close I'm surprised that non super target's remain open. If your in a target with some groceries and a CVS pharmacy I'm not sure if they're going to give you hazard pay double time for going to work but if you've got parents who are 65+ and can't avoid them then what.

Whenever this is over companies should be held accountable for how their businesses practices affect employees -I'm talking about the 3 or less hr days, paid sick leave we use our own vacation days to get paid because target has no paid sick leave it's simply like they don't care about us /good us in contempt like guilty until proven innocent.

i expect target to close small and medium sized stores better to cut down on the stores open and keep only the largest stores with the most to offer the rest of us should be on short/long term disability to help this go away and not take it home to others!

There are only around 300 Super Targets out of 1800+ stores and several states that do not have any Super Ts at all. Unfortunately closing all P-Fresh and GM and Small Format stores isn’t feasible for many reasons. Aside from turning hefty comps lately a lot of the smaller stores are the only store in an area for consumers to shop at. I’m sorry you don’t qualify for sick pay, but if you can get your dr to fill out forms for a medical LOA then you’ll qualify for short term disability which may be your best bet to stay home and avoid potentially being infected.

There are only around 300 Super Targets out of 1800+ stores and several states that do not have any Super Ts at all. Unfortunately closing all P-Fresh and GM and Small Format stores isn’t feasible for many reasons. Aside from turning hefty comps lately a lot of the smaller stores are the only store in an area for consumers to shop at. ....
I hope our local Targets remain open, but continue to keep cleanliness and health high priorities. In many areas around Seattle, supermarkets tend to be clustered in different areas than Targets. So for folks who live within walking distance or a short bus ride, Targets like ours tend to become their "go-to" store for groceries. For example, the Target at Southcenter (a huge mega shopping center and light-industrial area 10 miles southeast of downtown Seattle), the nearest "regular supermarket" is about three miles away, even though there are hundreds of other non-grocery retail stores and businesses within walking distance. Conversely, go to the suburb of Burien and there are numerous supermarkets but no Target, the nearest one is three miles east at Southcenter.

Look, they won’t close. They have a pharmacy and a grocery section. If they close, then you’re just going to have people flock to other stores and overcrowd them, putting more people at risk.

Back