Sick of working here.

I cannot deny that Targets co-workers, team leaders, employers, and even managers are nice, and friendly, but when it comes to health and safety, and safe working environment they have not showed any respect towards that. I heard a lot of rumors who how Targets employers like terminating workers for getting sick, and even makes you stay at store if you attempt to leave when you are sick. I recently came home with a flu, and Covid-19 infection, after working Thanksgiving weekday shifts in Target. I got contact with one of the old moron customer who already have Covid 19, coughing, sneezing all over the stores. My sickness were so contagious to the point where I have been nearly hospitalized (lost voice, and have bitter taste in mouth). Since I cannot able to speak due to lost voice, I sent them an email attaching Covid test results and also have requested paid sick leave and have not received any response yet.

I am planning on quitting Target anyways since the work environment here is pretty toxic from day 1, and the location they offered me to work on is literally 20 miles away from home. Because of that I can bring 1/2 of the wages I earned at Target (given most of my money were spent on ridiculously long commute). They even lied about their starting minimum wage of $24/hr for team members, and dozens of benefits like team member discount, and college tuition reimbursement when in reality they paid almost the half the amount of what they claimed ($15/hr). You also cannot really use team member discount unless you have Redcard. They are super slow with paying their employee money on time. I was not able to pay my home bills on times because Target takes more than a month to pay wages to workers which should be paid every 2 weeks (never on paper check, but electronically). I might look for local stores near my home (Five Below, Wegmans), they treat their employee much better, flexible, and willing to work with employee through their school schedule unlike Target, and Walmart.

In short, I am not concerned about how the management runs the company, but am more concerned about how management failed to comply COVID-19, and other public health protocols. If you want your employees to exceed expectations, either pay all employees $24/hr or provide employees an option to relocate/transfer to location near their home. Either of those options are not unreasonable. Seasonal employees should not be treated like a doctor by the management, when dealing with customers that have Covid-19 infections and been giving other people sick.

Last edited:
I cannot deny that Targets co-workers, team leaders, employers, and even managers are nice, and friendly, but when it comes to health and safety, and safe working environment they have not showed any respect towards that. I heard a lot of rumors who how Targets employers like terminating workers for getting sick, and even makes you stay at store if you attempt to leave when you are sick. I recently came home with a flu, and Covid-19 infection, after working Thanksgiving weekday shifts in Target. I got contact with one of the old moron customer who already have Covid 19, coughing, sneezing all over the stores. My sickness were so contagious to the point where I have been nearly hospitalized (lost voice, and have bitter taste in mouth). Since I cannot able to speak due to lost voice, I sent them an email attaching Covid test results and also have requested paid sick leave and have not received any response yet.

I am planning on quitting Target anyways since the work environment here is pretty toxic from day 1, and the location they offered me to work on is literally 20 miles away from home. Because of that I can bring 1/2 of the wages I earned at Target (given most of my money were spent on ridiculously long commute). They even lied about their starting minimum wage of $24/hr for team members, and dozens of benefits like team member discount, and college tuition reimbursement when in reality they paid almost the half the amount of what they claimed ($12/hr). You also cannot really use team member discount unless you have Redcard. They are super slow with paying their employee money on time. I was not able to pay my home bills on times because Target takes more than a month to pay wages to workers which should be paid every 2 weeks (never on paper check, but electronically). I might look for local stores near my home (Five Below, Wegmans), they treat their employee much better, flexible, and willing to work with employee through their school schedule unlike Target, and Walmart.

In short, I am not concerned about how the management runs the company, but am more concerned about how management failed to comply COVID-19, and other public health protocols. If you want your employees to exceed expectations, either pay all employees $24/hr or provide employees an option to relocate/transfer to location near their home. Either of those options are not unreasonable. Seasonal employees should not be treated like a doctor by the management, when dealing with customers that have Covid-19 infections and been giving other people sick.
You do not need a red card to use your employee discount. Target is, as always, more than willing to take cash.💸💵💰

I am planning on quitting Target anyways since the work environment here is pretty toxic from day 1, and the location they offered me to work on is literally 20 miles away from home. Because of that I can bring 1/2 of the wages I earned at Target (given most of my money were spent on ridiculously long commute). They even lied about their starting minimum wage of $24/hr for team members, and dozens of benefits like team member discount, and college tuition reimbursement when in reality they paid almost the half the amount of what they claimed ($12/hr). You also cannot really use team member discount unless you have Redcard. They are super slow with paying their employee money on time. I was not able to pay my home bills on times because Target takes more than a month to pay wages to workers which should be paid every 2 weeks (never on paper check, but electronically). I might look for local stores near my home (Five Below, Wegmans), they treat their employee much better, flexible, and willing to work with employee through their school schedule unlike Target, and Walmart.

I’d say you’re half right, Most stores are hell bent on safety like the one I was at the whole time before I quit, But Not All Stores Are The Same. As for employees and managers there are some good ones but not all of them should be trusted there are assholes and cultists there. As for being sick and missing work for that or something important yes they don’t care it builds up in certain time then they’ll really be ready to fire you. Target never have a fuck about their employees and the sooner most employees get it, The better off things will be going against the corrupt corporate.

Not that I disagree with what you said for the most part, but - I think you may need to introspect a bit here. English does not appear to be your first language and you may be suffering a bit due to a barrier there.

I find it unlikely that Target is advertising one wage and paying another, that would be a huge liability, to the point where major corporations just don't do it. It's largely unheard of. I think it's more likely you misunderstood.

Same thing with pay, pay is handled way above the store level. Perhaps there was an issue once, but more than once? Highly doubt it. Are you by chance referring to your first paycheck?

Target is guilty of many miserable things, just generally not the few you listed. This seems to be more of a policy/understanding issue, in which case you will probably encounter this everywhere, so it might be worthwhile to try to understand the root cause so you don't encounter these issues again, because they seem to be fairly disruptive for you (as they would anyone).

As for Covid that’s old now and the company only cared just to impress the customers and make them worry less but some days they definitely didn’t feel like taking it serious, Me personally after knowing the truth I knew Covid had lots of bs mostly political stuff. But yes, Do yourself a favor, Find a new job and get the hell out of dodge. It’s not worth the money working there even getting paid $15hr or so which is better pay than a lot of places.

Target has a $15/hr minimum across the country so saying $12/hr means you are outright exaggerating and the rest of your points seem similarly exaggerated.
I tried to say $12/hr with taxes, I was not clear enough. But yes, $15/hr is pre-taxed wage.

I am planning on quitting Target anyways since the work environment here is pretty toxic from day 1, and the location they offered me to work on is literally 20 miles away from home. Because of that I can bring 1/2 of the wages I earned at Target (given most of my money were spent on ridiculously long commute). They even lied about their starting minimum wage of $24/hr for team members, and dozens of benefits like team member discount, and college tuition reimbursement when in reality they paid almost the half the amount of what they claimed ($15/hr). You also cannot really use team member discount unless you have Redcard. They are super slow with paying their employee money on time. I was not able to pay my home bills on times because Target takes more than a month to pay wages to workers which should be paid every 2 weeks (never on paper check, but electronically). I might look for local stores near my home (Five Below, Wegmans), they treat their employee much better, flexible, and willing to work with employee through their school schedule unlike Target, and Walmart.

Much of this is just wrong. No store, Target or otherwise, can prevent you from leaving - ever. Writing you up in response to you doing something is not preventing you from doing it.

As for the location being 20 miles away, that's completely on you. They didn't tell you where to live. They don't tend to offer you a job at a specific store either. You apply at a store, that store accepts or denies your application, they don't typically redirect you to another store, so if you're working at a 20 store 20 miles from where you lived, that means you almost certainly chose to do so.

Living 20 miles from your store under no circumstances should result in you spending half your wage on the commute unless you are relying on something like lyft or uber to get you there.

An uber trip to a Target 22 miles from me is currently quoting me $37.73, a round trip would be around $75, a 8 hour shift would pay around $120. At this point, over half my wage would go to the commute, but to drive 22 miles? That's about 1 gallon of gas each way, or roughly $6.50, hardly half of $120.

The part about needing a redcard is outright wrong. You can pay with a redcard, cash, or a giftcard. There is also a reloadable redcard where you can add money to it as you see fit.

They're not slow with paying team members. They pay everyone every other Friday, like clockwork, worked here 7-8 years, never not been paid on time. The only thing you might be getting late would be like, some sort of disability pay related to a LOA, etc.

As for this whole $24/hour pay concept, that has never been stated as what Target pays in any official capacity. You may have read an article on wall street journal, or some other news site that mentioned $24 a hour, but that was taken out of context from Target saying that some positions pay as much as $24 a hour, ie. TL positions, in some regions.

to the op. Please check your pay options in workday. On sick leave, check with hr. Every sign posted for hiring at spot says starting at 15.00 an hour. On distance thing, you choose that location to work at.
Are you a seasonal hire?

to the op. Please check your pay options in workday. On sick leave, check with hr. Every sign posted for hiring at spot says starting at 15.00 an hour. On distance thing, you choose that location to work at.
Are you a seasonal hire?
Our store's signage says $15.25, I'm sure plenty say above $15, but uhh, definitely not $24.

Yes, I have the debit version. I'd get in way too much trouble with the credit card!
Weird, i would say the opposite. That three day delay in the funds coming out could cause serious trouble, with all the potential overdraft fees.

I feel redcard is a good option for Target employees to save some money . I always cross check the prices for groceries with Walmart and other competitors and it’s mostly worth to buy from Target especially 20% off for healthy stuffs . Also target circle offers gives some more savings .

Gotta keep track of purchases. I dont spend more than I have in my account.
I carried my receipts in my wallet, would periodically compare to my bank account, throw each out only when the charge was fully posted. Before buying I would subtract out the receipts in my wallet from my online banking. Never bounced once, doing it that way.

Are you a seasonal hire?
Yes I am seasonal hire, I was initially denied near location. The district manager who runs the store in our area decided to transfer me to the further location, assuming that I said YES on relocate question? I thought they are going to transfer me to the suburb location (10-15 min drive from my home), if I am unable to get hired in the city. They ended up transferring me in village out of nowhere, and there is barely any food restaurants, and grocery stores where I would order something for 46 min break. I had to order food online where the delivery driver does not even drop the food on time. In short, I am having difficulties getting through this job that is not even in the city.

Lots of seasonal employees don't stay. It was a good way to see if the job suits you. You didn't lose a thing.

Yes, I've seen them deny people going home. Yes, they are sticky about calling out. It's a catch 22. I've gone in when I should have called out, but I didn't want to rock the boat. The company policies are fine. The actual supervisors are not so professional.

Back