Archived Corporate, are you listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there are way bigger problems to deal with, as someone who does OPUs, I selfishly want this to be implemented. All I want is when people order something for OPU / Drive Up, that they select when they are going to try to pick it up, like a prescription or like ordering a pizza. It’s dumb that I have to pick a large order in 30 minutes now, for someone who won’t even pick it up for a few hours or even days. I mean if it is 9am and someone says they won’t pick it up until 5pm it makes no sense to only get 30 minutes. An hour time goal was nice but they cut it in half for some reason. Orders would still get picked right away, but it would give a nice little time buffer.

Stop sending out the FDC Trucks so late! These drivers spend countless hours in rush hour traffic and they can't simply take a backroad. They can't go down any tiny street to make it on time. Your way of doing the grocery business is an epic fail. You should have kept it the way it was where we would get an FDC every two days or three. Instead of having a DAILY FDC and the hostile attitude your leaders demonstrate simply nobody wants to stay extra. I don't know what direction all your experiments are heading you to but you will learn! And do not blame your long time team members for your process being a failure.

While there are way bigger problems to deal with, as someone who does OPUs, I selfishly want this to be implemented. All I want is when people order something for OPU / Drive Up, that they select when they are going to try to pick it up, like a prescription or like ordering a pizza. It’s dumb that I have to pick a large order in 30 minutes now, for someone who won’t even pick it up for a few hours or even days. I mean if it is 9am and someone says they won’t pick it up until 5pm it makes no sense to only get 30 minutes. An hour time goal was nice but they cut it in half for some reason. Orders would still get picked right away, but it would give a nice little time buffer.

Yes, this. So much this. There's nothing quite like rushing around to meet goal time for a large order and coming into work two days later to see that order still sitting in the hold location you left it in.

Also while we are at it, for Drive Ups the store should always have a minimum of 5 minutes between when a guest hits "On my way" to the deadline for completing the order. I don't care if the guest is waiting outside for the whole 5 minutes. It's their fault for not informing us they were on their way until they actually arrived. Give us time to actually get the order without it counting against our metrics. Furthermore we need a button that stops the time when the guest isn't actually in the driveup spot. We have a lot of guests who say that they are there when in reality they are at a stoplight half a block a way. "I didn't want to have to wait when got here." These assholes shouldn't be counted against us.

I acutally love it, everyday is supermarket sweep. I’m kind of a sick person though.

Furthermore we need a button that stops the time when the guest isn't actually in the driveup spot. We have a lot of guests who say that they are there when in reality they are at a stoplight half a block a way. "I didn't want to have to wait when got here." These assholes shouldn't be counted against us.
Too true. Too bad we can’t add an assholes surcharge...🤣

My guess is that some area of corporate is "listening" to these discussions, but that doesn't necessarily mean our thoughts or ideas are being considered. It's easy for me to take cynical potshots at corporate, but I do think Target loses a lot of money by basically ignoring input and suggestions from TMs who work in the stores and DCs.

We can just call it the Karen fee. Give us that and a 10% restocking fee for returns and so many of our problems go poof.
A few years ago we were told that Target was going to start instituting a restocking fee on certain electronics items that were returned without being defective, to keep people from using us like Rent-A-Center to get huge TVs for Super Bowl and then returning them after the game. As far as I've seen though, they never implemented it.

A few years ago we were told that Target was going to start instituting a restocking fee on certain electronics items that were returned without being defective, to keep people from using us like Rent-A-Center to get huge TVs for Super Bowl and then returning them after the game. As far as I've seen though, they never implemented it.
If the really old fixtures I've seen are any indication, this used to be a thing for electronics merchandise but they ended up getting rid of it, possibly due to complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back