Archived Cosmetics Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve now been dubbed the leader of cosmetics for my store. Yay?

I’m needing some ideas on how you guys train your team and how you have them learn all of the things they’re supposed to know.

With my softlines team, I have a notebook that I update weekly. It includes quizzes, styling challenges, company communication, etc. Would something like that work for cosmetics as well?

I’d like to avoid handing them a device and saying “you’re on your own”. That seems like pretty crappy leadership to me. Who’s got good ideas???

LOL. No. I’m the VM and supposedly the highest paid “Team Leader”. They hold it over my head constantly

Ya know? I’m basically like the modernization captain on top of my visual merchandising. My team is having a hard time changing their ways, which is whatever. I just want to make sure I’m doing the best I can.

Nope. I’m definitely the Visual Merchandiser. We have a hardlines TL who is over everything but grocery (we have a small section because we aren’t a super target) and seasonal. Apparently he’s just “not capable of leading a beauty team” because he’s a man???? So here I come to save the day. Super VM!

I am over A and B block which includes beauty. We have a cosmetics binder which includes weekly routines for the beauty team. Tells them which aisles to zone and research each day. Also, there is communication on work bench on which items to sample every weekend

I am over A and B block which includes beauty. We have a cosmetics binder which includes weekly routines for the beauty team. Tells them which aisles to zone and research each day. Also, there is communication on work bench on which items to sample every weekend
I just finished making a notebook! I like the idea of adding what they need to be zoning and researching. Thanks!

I just finished making a notebook! I like the idea of adding what they need to be zoning and researching. Thanks!
Yeah, that weekly routines sheet should be in workbench it breaks it down by two aisles a day.

Does your store schedule beauty TMs in 4 hour shift intervals? My ETL salesfloor says the company wants there to always be someone on the floor for beauty and 4 hour shifts prevent the need for lunch coverage. It's annoying because I don't have that many beauty team members and I've been using girls from hard lines who aren't very knowledgeable in beauty and don't want to be there

Yeah, that weekly routines sheet should be in workbench it breaks it down by two aisles a day.

Does your store schedule beauty TMs in 4 hour shift intervals? My ETL salesfloor says the company wants there to always be someone on the floor for beauty and 4 hour shifts prevent the need for lunch coverage. It's annoying because I don't have that many beauty team members and I've been using girls from hard lines who aren't very knowledgeable in beauty and don't want to be there
Well we only have 3 beauty team members and two of them are about to get fired so no. I think they schefule them like morning,mid, and night so the shifts overlap. On the event that we don’t have covereage for breaks or lunches, we pull from hardlines or this one girl in Softlines who is amazing at cosmetics. I’m hoping they’ll fire the two awful ones and get me three more that will actually be good at it.

I am allowed to sit in during interviews. I’m required to do so with Softlines team members now since they must be “experts” in apparel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back