Archived Costumes to work tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my HR leader said we can wear anything as long as we still wear red and khaki and keep it appropriate for work

I wore stupid hats/headbands that I picked up zoning all the time, just wear it and take it off it's gonna be a problema.

People don't even wear red an khaki on normal days at my store. Half the "team" seems to wear black shirts, plus jeans on weekends. Wear what you want. Obviously it's against policy but all they will do is ask you to change/remove it. Don't be scared to have a reasonable amount of fun at work. As long as you do your job it shouldn't matter.

I could have worn one of my sets of garb for living history events--I have a red bodice with white chemise underneath (no cleavage shows--I'm a 17th century Lutheran minister's wife!) and a khaki skirt. My ETL wanted to see me wear it after he approved my last vacation (which was for an event in another state). I might still wear it for Tartan Day in April with my plaid.

One of our Starbucks/cashier TMs wears a pirate outfit for International Talk Like A Pirate Day, a red tunic and khaki knee breeches (with black striped socks) and she was given STL approval.

I ended up wearing a headband and it was fine. I talked to HR though and she said we can whatever we want (gloves, wigs, etc) as long as we still have red and khaki on and are recognizable as a Target TM. Oh and nothing that could scare little kids, but everything else is fair game.

I'm usually off but I've always wanted to go as a Red Jaguar from Legends of the Hidden Temple since it would pretty much work with the dress code.

Last edited:
Wore an ear headband to work today - seemed like it was allowed since nobody said anything. Until one ETL saw me and told me to take it off, only person who had an issue with it.

There’s always gotta be a killjoy.
lmao my DTL was there and all the ETL’s said they loved it... STL walked by with our DTL and she just started bursting out laughing and said how much she loved it and how funny it was. DTL was chuckling too so I really don’t think it’s a problem. I feel like technically if you wanted to you could pull out the dress code and ask where it says you can’t wear a headband...

lmao my DTL was there and all the ETL’s said they loved it... STL walked by with our DTL and she just started bursting out laughing and said how much she loved it and how funny it was. DTL was chuckling too so I really don’t think it’s a problem. I feel like technically if you wanted to you could pull out the dress code and ask where it says you can’t wear a headband...

One of my ETLs wears a headband almost everyday. There is no mention of hats or headbands in the handbook at all.

One of my ETLs wears a headband almost everyday. There is no mention of hats or headbands in the handbook at all.
I thought there was about hats but not headbands/wigs?

Absolutely no one was wearing any kind of anything today. One girl wore cute clown inspired makeup and they made her wash it off. Really shocking since this is the from the store that lets us wear purple or orange and that I haven’t worn a red shirt to in months

I wore a pair of those $1 cat ears from one spot and someone else had light up devil ears on. My store's stipulation has generally been that you have to buy/own them or else can't wear them in offstage areas, as with all unpaid merchandise. But I think it's actually beneficial to have employees "model" our festive headbands/hats--I had several people stop me asking where they could find my ears!

I wore multiple things that came up in reshop yesterday. The guests seemed to like it lmao and none of my managers cared. I was called a dork by one of them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back