Archived Could someone please explain, "First impression zoning" to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with zoning is knowing when to do a thorough job & when to do a sloppy job. There are times when speed is more important than doing a good job. Then there are times when they inspect the areas and it's a huge problem if someone misses something. I understand the leaders can't actually say, "Just do a careless fast zone tonight." I just wish there was a way to know what they really want. When they say, "Zone to planogram and pull all pegged items forward." I think they mean, "Zone to planogram and pull all pegged items forward." So maybe there are different types of zoning I need to learn about. Thanks in advance for any input.

We have 3 "terms" for zoning at my store.
Strip zone which is you empty the location and start from scratch.
Domino zone which is you start from what you're trying to push and fix specific locations as needed to push.
Sight zone which is just quick pulling everything forward, down stacking or pulling over to fill multiple facings, pulling off noticeable eyesores (overstock, damage, reshop).

I have a love/hate affair with strip zoning. I always go all out. Empty the location, push the eaches, backstock if need be, shoot stand alone research, pull the batch, push the batch. I love when it's beautiful and perfect and amazing afterward, but I hate it when I come back the next day and it's a mess again. OFCE* Binders in B and the HIPA* furnace filters in C are my arch enemies.

Thank you. So would sight zoning be the same as first impression?

As per an ETL of mine, "first impression zoning" is zoning front endcaps, outside aisles (first and last of the block), and the first one or two 4-ft sections of each aisle. Needless to say, sales floor coverage was lacking that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back