Archived Counts are off...a whining thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a ton of things that frustrate me about my store. Most are just inherent with retail and not store specific. But more than anything else, floor counts being off really annoy me. I hate getting an OOS pull for wicker baskets, finding 5 on the floor at the location, but the zebra showing 2 fit and 2 on the floor. I'm part time, so I fix this every time I work, but it seems like by the time my next shift rolls around, there's another OOS pull for baskets, and they're piled to the ceiling at the location.

Is this a thing at other stores? Am I the only one who fixes this so that the shelves look halfway decent and fix the counts? Does fixing it even do anything?

OMG . Same thing in plastics! Just because a shelf can physically hold 21 pcs doesn't mean it should! Ppl are always changing caps so they don't have to backstock! Its very irritating.

"It fits and it'll sell!" -- The Target Flow Team Motto

"I'm not opening a casepack when I only need one!" -- The other Target Flow Team Motto

Over time things like that by flow, and other TMs, results in floor counts being wildly off. Sometimes I fix it. Sometimes I don't. Depends on my mood, whether I have to fix it to put something else on the floor, and how likely it is that fixing it is pointless because it'll just get stocked wrong again the next day. But, it's kind of the inevitable result of putting TMs under increasing pressure to work faster and faster, giving them far more frieght than is needed and telling them they have to personally backstock what doesn't go out. The extra work it causes falls on other TMs to deal with, so.....of course they do it.

Theoretically, it goes away with modernization as at least some TMs will realize that they are just making more work for themselves now. I'm not betting the farm on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back