Archived Couple Of Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(1)If I'm stocking a shelf and there is too much of an item, where do i put the back stock(left over item)?
(2)On register, i know there is a feature to order change when your about to run out. Once ordered, i believe a receipt comes out stating the change you need. Do i just wait for somebody to supply the change or call somebody on walkie?
(3)Selling RedCards? How does that process work?
(4)If a guest needs help brining a large item out of the store or to there car, do i need to call a Cart Attendant for assistance?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back stock for Flow? Depends on the process, but just keep your stuff straight as you go. And ask.. Some have people to clean up back stock or you put it on a pallet at the end of the isle, or keep it on the tub you are working. And then mark it with a clip when you are done. But your team will have to make that clear to you. Dayside we bring back the tub, dump our trash/cardboard and take the tub back in the main stock room and mark it with a back stock clip.

When asking for change, its I think "other" functions is the button you want and follow the screen prompts from there. "get change" is the prompt you are looking for. You pick what you need and close the drawer. The system sends an alert to the GSTL or GSA and they get the money. If you are done ringing and gone they will put the money in the register, if you are there you put the money in.. I will call for change even if I won't be there so the drawer will be good for the next cashier. I just trash that piece of paper or put it on the keyboard if I leave.

Red cards, I have sold I think 3 in 5+ years so I will let others answer that..

(1)If I'm stocking a shelf and there is too much of an item, where do i put the back stock(left over item)?

If you're on the flow team, put the overstock on whichever vehicle is designated for backstock. If you're dayside sales floor, bring it to the backroom and put it on an empty tub with a pink backstock clip (or ask a backroom TM where they want you to put it). Don't forget to break down and dispose of your cardboard.

(2)On register, i know there is a feature to order change when your about to run out. Once ordered, i believe a receipt comes out stating the change you need. Do i just wait for somebody to supply the change or call somebody on walkie?

If the register says "Change is on its way," the GSTL will know that you requested change and will bring it to you as soon as possible. If a slip prints out, then turn on your blinker to get the GSTL's attention. If you have a walkie, calling the GSTL may elicit a faster response, though some stores frown upon this practice.

(3)Selling RedCards? How does that process work?

If you're talking about convincing guests to open Red Cards, check out The Red Card Thread.

If you're talking about actually going through the application process, scan the pamphlet first. Select either Credit or Debit depending on which one the guest wants. If you selected Credit, hit TOTAL and the guest will need to answer some questions on the card reader. When prompted to do so, scan their ID, then wait for them to finish answering all the questions. If you selected Debit, the guest will have to give you a blank check (it can't be a starter check or a deposit slip). Insert the check in the check reader, and follow the prompts on the screen.

After the guest has finished answering all the questions, the register will print out a slip. If the guest was approved, the slip will be a temporary Red Card, which they can use until their actual card comes in the mail, and they must show ID when using the temporary card. If the guest was not approved immediately, the slip will say that the application requires further review, and Target will contact the guest by mail within 7-10 days. This doesn't always mean they were denied, but they can only save the 5% if they've already been approved.

(4)If a guest needs help brining a large item out of the store or to there car, do i need to call a Cart Attendant for assistance?

If there is a cart attendant on duty, walkie him/her for a carry-out at your lane. If there is no cart attendant on duty and/or the item is a Team Lift, walkie for someone to help out with it. Depending on checklane traffic, the GSTL may close your lane and have you do the carry-out. Note: Flats and tubs may not be handled by guests - only by Target employees - so anything on a flat or tub will require a carry-out.

Thanks for all the responds guy's i had more ?'s as well.

(1)EBT Checks on registers? I got my first one yesterday and failed miserably :-( lol.?
(2)In my parameter we have two lanes for Chargeback with DPCI and Chargeback with no DPCI, what does that mean and who does that? I know somewhat for items with no DPCI you have to find the item and put the # on it, but then does it go to Guest Services?
(3)Defective items, do i put in in the 'Other Worlds' Cart that get send to Guest Services, or in the Chargeback Carts?
(4)On register, if an item doesn't have a barcode to scan the item, how do you ring up the item on the register?

Sorry for the more questions, really appreciate all the help so far...training in my store is pretty abysmal...they throw you out there and say good luck pretty much. Thnx.

1.) Never seen or heard of such a thing, we have EBT cards, but not checks, the cards run similarly to a debit other than that their magnetic strips seem to suck so we have to type the #'s in far more often than we do for actual debit cards. The guest swipes the card, then chooses SNAP when prompted to choose between SNAP and EBT/Cash. If you have to hand-type in the # it will ask for an expiration date, SNAP cards do not expire, so you just type in any future dats for the expiration.

2.) If we have items that need DPCI's before going back on the floor we write on a piece of paper #'s needed, tape it to the item, and put it in the correct cart, then the salesfloor TM that does the reshop for that cart finds the #'s, returns the item to us by putting it in our rewrap cart, and then we print out a ticket for it and put it back in the proper reshop cart after doing so.

3.) Not fully sure I understand what 'other worlds' or 'chargeback' carts are, but at my store defective items are typically sent to guest service, and then they process them and then send them to receiving. The only other people in the store that actually defect things out are the price change team.

4.) If you can find the DPCI on the item, you can type it in, however if all you see is a clearance sticker, check that the description makes sense after typing it in. It's not incredibly uncommon for a guest to put a clearance sticker from one item on another item, so if you type in the # on the sticker and it's on a electronics item, but the description on the register says socks, it's very unlikely to have been a honest mistake by someone in the store and more likely to be a guest trying to pull a fast one.

(1)EBT Checks on registers? I got my first one yesterday and failed miserably :-( lol.?

As Nauzhror said, EBT/SNAP works electronically via a card (similar to a debit transaction). If you're referring to WIC checks, I have no idea how to do those - we have to call a GSTL/GSA to handle WIC transactions.

(2)In my parameter we have two lanes for Chargeback with DPCI and Chargeback with no DPCI, what does that mean and who does that? I know somewhat for items with no DPCI you have to find the item and put the # on it, but then does it go to Guest Services?

Any chargebacks, or defectives, are handled by a service desk TM. After a DPCI is found for an item with no info, it needs to go to the service desk - either to be ticketed or be defected out.

(3)Defective items, do i put in in the 'Other Worlds' Cart that get send to Guest Services, or in the Chargeback Carts?

Ask a service desk TM if you're not sure. Every store has a different system for organizing re-shop/strays/go-backs/abandons and defectives.

(4)On register, if an item doesn't have a barcode to scan the item, how do you ring up the item on the register?

Items that are a Target brand generally have the DPCI somewhere on the packaging. Target brand clothes have a small tag sewn into the seam that has the DPCI on it. If the item has a clearance ticket, you can type in the DPCI, but as Nauzhror said, check the description to make sure it matches the item.

If the item has no info on it but is under $20, you're empowered to ask the guest how much it is and add it as a No Barcode item. To do this, hit K3 No Barcode, type in the price, and select whether the item is taxable or not. Just don't do this too much or AP might not be happy about it (this varies by store).

If the item is worth more than $20, you can't do No Barcode; you'll have to type in the DPCI. Call the GSTL/GSA and they'll use their PDA or walkie someone on the sales floor to get the DPCI for you.

At my store, anything over $5 needs to have a DPCI, or the GSTL and AP will be all over you....so check with someone before you do that.

$10 seems to be the magic limit at my store. I often no barcode things for 9.99, and that seems to be about as high as the GSTL encourages anyone to ever do.

There's no such thing as EBT Checks, but if you're talking about WIC Checks then it's an easy yet tedious job. Before even scanning anything you have to hit K8 (could be k7 not really sure) for the more options and you have to see what the WIC Check is for. There's two options when punching in a WIC Check. It's either Formula/Food or Produce. You can easily tell when it's produce because it will give an amount on the check for example "$10 for fruits and vegetables" or "$6 for fruits and vegetables". After you've chosen what the WIC Check is for, it will ask you to punch in the numbers of said check. They're usually highlighted, if they're not they're the big numbers on the top right hand side of the check. Type in those numbers and hit enter. It will then ask you what's the beginning date for the check and what's the ending date for the check. After you punch in the 6 digits hit enter. Depending on the type of checks, it will ask you to check with the guest for an ID Folder. If they don't have it we usually can't accept it.

After entering everything you have to make sure that the items you are scanning are the items on the checks. Usually if an item is not WICable it will prompt you on the screen. At this point you can call a GSTL/GSA and let them know that a guest wants this item, but in WICable form or for any other problems.

Once you're done scanning everything THAT'S ON THE CHECK (I'm sure it wont let the items not on the check go through, but just as a precaution make sure you only scan the items on the check), write the total of that transaction, have the guest sign it, hit total and it will ask you to put it through your check machine and that's it.

Most clothing at Target has an extra little tag in them with a number that you can punch in. It usually has "Target" followed by an 8 digit number. If it's not a clothing item, ask the guest if they know how much it cost, if they tell you usually we just punch it in as a no barcode product. That's just my practice at my store. If they don't know the item, that's what you can call a GSTL/GSA or if you have a walkie call someone from the sales floor and let them know you have an item without a barcode and if anyone could either a.) bring you the same item with the barcode or b.) give you the DPCI for the item.

There's no such thing as EBT Checks, but if you're talking about WIC Checks then it's an easy yet tedious job. Before even scanning anything you have to hit K8 (could be k7 not really sure) for the more options and you have to see what the WIC Check is for. There's two options when punching in a WIC Check. It's either Formula/Food or Produce. You can easily tell when it's produce because it will give an amount on the check for example "$10 for fruits and vegetables" or "$6 for fruits and vegetables". After you've chosen what the WIC Check is for, it will ask you to punch in the numbers of said check. They're usually highlighted, if they're not they're the big numbers on the top right hand side of the check. Type in those numbers and hit enter. It will then ask you what's the beginning date for the check and what's the ending date for the check. After you punch in the 6 digits hit enter. Depending on the type of checks, it will ask you to check with the guest for an ID Folder. If they don't have it we usually can't accept it.

After entering everything you have to make sure that the items you are scanning are the items on the checks. Usually if an item is not WICable it will prompt you on the screen. At this point you can call a GSTL/GSA and let them know that a guest wants this item, but in WICable form or for any other problems.

Once you're done scanning everything THAT'S ON THE CHECK (I'm sure it wont let the items not on the check go through, but just as a precaution make sure you only scan the items on the check), write the total of that transaction, have the guest sign it, hit total and it will ask you to put it through your check machine and that's it.

Most clothing at Target has an extra little tag in them with a number that you can punch in. It usually has "Target" followed by an 8 digit number. If it's not a clothing item, ask the guest if they know how much it cost, if they tell you usually we just punch it in as a no barcode product. That's just my practice at my store. If they don't know the item, that's what you can call a GSTL/GSA or if you have a walkie call someone from the sales floor and let them know you have an item without a barcode and if anyone could either a.) bring you the same item with the barcode or b.) give you the DPCI for the item.

Thanks for all the answers guy's, also once i put the WIC Check thru the machine on the register, do i keep it and put it in the draw or hand it back to the customer?

There's no such thing as EBT Checks, but if you're talking about WIC Checks then it's an easy yet tedious job.

Ahh, this makes sense, our store doesn't accept WIC, wondered why I'd never had any non-standard checks other than rebate checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back