Archived coupon question

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting situation. I would read the fine print of what the item is. we had a lady try to pull this and she got very bitchy that we were adjusting the coupon down and we tried telling her that it is policy than she said "so basically you guys steal from the manufacturer" (rolls eyes) oh I was so happy when she left the store. as long as they are getting the right stuff for the coupon and if evens out to zero that is fine. but none of that overage crap... it clearly says so in the coupon policy so end of story.

Except for the part where you are completely wrong and the guest was right. You should not be adjusting manufacturer's coupons. If it is for the correct item and there is overage that is just how it is. The overage will be applied to the rest of the bill because Target is compensated for the full value of the coupon. If you are adjusting a manufacturer coupon, you are committing coupon fraud on Target's behalf.

So what if the projuct is on clearance and the they guest buys awhole bunch and all their coupons give overage? I thought we do not give overage? I am not try to be nasty, I just want to see understand what you are saying

very interesting situation. I would read the fine print of what the item is. we had a lady try to pull this and she got very bitchy that we were adjusting the coupon down and we tried telling her that it is policy than she said "so basically you guys steal from the manufacturer" (rolls eyes) oh I was so happy when she left the store. as long as they are getting the right stuff for the coupon and if evens out to zero that is fine. but none of that overage crap... it clearly says so in the coupon policy so end of story.

Except for the part where you are completely wrong and the guest was right. You should not be adjusting manufacturer's coupons. If it is for the correct item and there is overage that is just how it is. The overage will be applied to the rest of the bill because Target is compensated for the full value of the coupon. If you are adjusting a manufacturer coupon, you are committing coupon fraud on Target's behalf.

So what if the projuct is on clearance and the they guest buys awhole bunch and all their coupons give overage? I thought we do not give overage? I am not try to be nasty, I just want to see understand what you are saying
The manufacturer will reimburse target for the amount on the coupon. The only exception is the coupons where you can fill in the amount of the item, these should be adjusted and have the amount written down in the field provided. Any other items, including sales and clearance should be scanned in normally. They can get overage for other items but they can't get cash back.

The manufacturer will reimburse target for the amount on the coupon. The only exception is the coupons where you can fill in the amount of the item, these should be adjusted and have the amount written down in the field provided. Any other items, including sales and clearance should be scanned in normally. They can get overage for other items but they can't get cash back.
Ok thank you for clearing that up.

haha I don't enjoy dealing with these coupon situations during backup.

So, just to be clear the POS will not tell me to give cash back if:
Product is normally $4.00. For whatever reason this week it is on sale for $2.00. The guest presents a manufacturer's coupon for $3.00. In this case we would not adjust the coupon down to $2.00 just because the item is selling for less than the value of the coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back