Archived Cracked Puts Spot On The List

Status
Not open for further replies.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I don't know how many of you read Cracked but it's up there with The Onion as one of the top humor magazines on the net.

Their latest article is 5 Stories That Will Change Will Change Your Opinion Of Famous Companies.

Spot comes up right away.
Most of you who have spent time here for long will know all the cases they reference but it's interesting to see it laid out like that.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-stories-that-will-change-your-opinion-famous-companies/

Reading the comments (I had to laugh that I never noticed Cracked's default avatar is the Unabomber):

As a member of the SDA (retail union), Target Australia would never be able to get away with that bullshit. Just going through it's award arrangement makes me realise how lucky we have it. As of August this year, a full time Customer Service Assistant can expect to earn; US$558 for a 38 hour week. Get paid overtime if they work longer than 9 hrs (although they can work a max. of 10.5 hrs twice a week). Are required to have a 45-60 min meal break. Receive public holiday pay of 250% - or $50.9 per hour. And the cherry on the cake is 4 weeks paid leave per year.

All of this is for a job that a high school drop out can do. Kinda makes me really regret coming to Canada where I have to work 60 hours a week at 2 jobs to even get anywhere near as close. With that said, I still have it a hell of a lot better than my counterparts south of the border.

I think I'm moving to Australia.

Last edited:
Reading the comments (I had to laugh that I never noticed Cracked's default avatar is the Unabomber):

I think I'm moving to Australia.

To be fair everything is ridiculously more expensive in Australia because the pay is a lot higher. Sort of evens out.

To be fair everything is ridiculously more expensive in Australia because the pay is a lot higher. Sort of evens out.

Though from what I understand not that much more expensive than it is in Hawaii, for much the same reasons except things like video games and that's a whole different deal, but they do have full health care and old age benefits that we sure don't have.
Yet you don't see Target Hawaii paying that kind of rate.

The secret shopper trick with the gift card has happened at my work. Though in the cases I know about the TM was stupid enough to keep the GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back