Archived Creating a portable printer label

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've asked everyone at my store and no one has the answer. When you use a portable printer for backroom labels, monarching, etc., you have to first scan the label on the printer that identifies that printer. We have a few printers that the identity label no longer scans. Does anyone know how to create that type of label? It is set up like this... for example, T1000PRT0251

If you are using a pda, just type the last numbers of the printer, in rf apps. There is a way to print that label & I forgot how to. I will Ck today on it for you.

Okay, thanks. I was hoping there was a way to do it from the pda but I wasn't sure, I couldn't find an app for it

Not sure you can connect to the printer by typing in that long nimber in the search field. Type T store number then PRT and the 4 digit printer number.

Thanks, turns out all you need is the 4 digit printer number. I had been typing the store number and PRT ahead of that unnecessarily

To print a new scan label for a printer you have to connect it to a computer and the quick setup box has an option to reprint. It is called something like Qloader and the cable looks like a phone to usb plug.

Cool, thanks... for now I'll probably stick to using the 4 digit printer ID, it's much quicker than typing in the entire code on the label, which I was doing up until today

To print a new scan label for a printer you have to connect it to a computer and the quick setup box has an option to reprint. It is called something like Qloader and the cable looks like a phone to usb plug.

Yep. Jack you get the gold star:)
The step by step instruction are listed on workbench, just google "oneil printer setup"

I do think that you can only access the software from the signing/label PC of your store. I had to repair the labels on quite a few, mostly do to TMs complaining about keying in numbers. The process for a single printer can take up to 15 minutes, sometimes the computer and printer don't want to play nice:mad:. After take a piece of clear tape and place it over the new barcode to protect it from future damage and wear/tear. y

*make sure that you have the right label paper in the printer I had to SPU paper, it worked.
*finding the right cord might pose a challenge, we had to order a new one, make sure to snap that little plastic piece off.

Yep. Jack you get the gold star:)
The step by step instruction are listed on workbench, just google "oneil printer setup"

I do think that you can only access the software from the signing/label PC of your store. I had to repair the labels on quite a few, mostly do to TMs complaining about keying in numbers. The process for a single printer can take up to 15 minutes, sometimes the computer and printer don't want to play nice:mad:. After take a piece of clear tape and place it over the new barcode to protect it from future damage and wear/tear. y

*make sure that you have the right label paper in the printer I had to SPU paper, it worked.
*finding the right cord might pose a challenge, we had to order a new one, make sure to snap that little plastic piece off.
Do you have any issues with full rebuilds screwing up the printer itself? I have it where doing a full rebuild will screw up the label sensor so it won't know to feed and stop.

Do you have any issues with full rebuilds screwing up the printer itself? I have it where doing a full rebuild will screw up the label sensor so it won't know to feed and stop.

That had happened to me. It was a brand new printer as well. I had to send that printer back out for repairs.

I have a printer that, if it's being used with another tm nearby will kick the other number offline briefly. So every time we go to make a sticker it says "offline" and then the next sticker works, until the OTHER printer prints one and then that one goes offline. It's so aggravating..

You can also go into MS word and use the Barcode font to just type TXXXPRTXXXX

This is how I always did it, and I just taped the barcode I printed on to the printer.

I also used this with excel to convert huge lists of dpci's (like item merge) to barcodes so we could scan them.

You can also go into MS word and use the Barcode font to just type TXXXPRTXXXX

This is how I always did it, and I just taped the barcode I printed on to the printer.

I also used this with excel to convert huge lists of dpci's (like item merge) to barcodes so we could scan them.

you should win an award....
large.jpg

for the easiest way to print barcodes thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back