Hip printer issues

Does anyone know how to get the printers to print crc or salvage labels correctly? Every time we use it it skips a label every other time but it only happens for price change or defecting items out.

Does anyone know how to get the printers to print crc or salvage labels correctly? Every time we use it it skips a label every other time but it only happens for price change or defecting items out.
I would first make sure you are using the right labels. UPC for defectives and yellow clearance for price change, even items that are salvaged out. It will jam if you are entering a quantity greater than 2-3. If it still doesn't work, I would give to the PML to send out.

Thank you, didn’t realize you needed clearance labels for salvage.

You need upc stickers for salvage. They are white. You would need clearance for price change, if you are putting things on clearance. If you are using price change for salvage then you do not need stickers unless it is a chemical that requires special handling. Other things require special handling, like candles which is why you need to scan a hip printer.

Last 2 weeks has been challenging having to explain new changes to every team member We do not have a pricing team. The constant changing out the different rolls. I don't even like using "price change salvage" verbiage. I just tell them if your doing price change you must use yellow stickers. You must be sure "auto print" is on. If sticker prints it must go on the item. Each of those items must have a yellow sticker. These items go in the Crc box onto the Crc pallet. Special handling sticker we handle it the same as we always have. If nothing prints at all it goes in salvage box. Now if you are getting rid of trapped or damaged mdse be sure you put the white labels back onto the printer. Put those in the proper box like always. Just writing this is causing my blood pressure to rise.
The amount of damaged items now going Crc instead of Salvage means that team members have to pay attention to the labels. Will need to order more CRC pallet labels. Sending out more CRC pallets than Salvage pallets. Also need to make sure more price change tickets are ordered by Sept to get through the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
I’ve been using the upc labels for salvage but for some reason it would only print every other label.

this was happening to ours for awhile. if you get an alcohol wipe, you can try cleaning the roller and sensor inside and sometimes that fixes it or at least makes it a little better. the printers are finicky. once i find one that works well, i do not let anyone steal it from GS.

Back