Archived credit on debit

Status
Not open for further replies.
mutiple occcasion guest have asked to use their debit card as a credit card. So i hit credit on my end as they put in their debit card, so it still requires them to enter a pin (using as a debit). I'm not too familiar with debit and credit cards so i didn't even know it was a thing, what do I do as a cashier

a lot of guests ask this when it literally says on the card reader what to do. When it prompts to enter their pin, they press the green circle.

do I still press credit for them right?
You don’t have to hit anything after total when they pay with some kind of card. Once their card is in they guest can pretty much do their thing on the pinpad and press the green circle instead of the pin.

I feel if a guest can't figure it out by reading then they shouldn't be using a credit card
I agree but there does need to be an industry standard. Some stores it’s hit red, some green, some press the touchpad. It’s insane.

Also, the wording could be improved on our end. It should just be:

DEBIT: Enter Pin, Press Green
CREDIT: Press Green

Yeah a lot of people interpret the “press (O) for credit” as press zero and then hit enter

Reactions: Dog
we have a note on all our card reader to press the green button. But still most dontread it.

Some credit cards use a PIN. The RedCard MasterCard is a credit card, not debit, but you have to enter a PIN.

They stopped issuing them years ago, so you probably don't see them much, but I use mine all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back