Archived Creepy things GSA's/GSTL's do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While checking out customers, my GSA popped up directly behind me; out of nowhere and said "Don't turn around, just keep scanning."
Scared the hell out of me. Lol

They were probably observing you and making sure you were doing things correctly!

*holds a PDA to your temple* Keep ringing and nobody gets hurt. I've got your family locked in the walk-in freezer. If you don't get 10 RedCards today, the key to the freezer goes into the trash compactor.

Hahahah oh that scenario really wouldn't have surprised me at that point. :p

it's kind of creepy when they get on the radios and say "HEY TEAM, Jimbob got our first redcard application of the day, he's helping guests remember that they can save five percent today and everyday, let's make sure we are all doing the same!"

it's kind of creepy when they get on the radios and say "HEY TEAM, Jimbob got our first redcard application of the day, he's helping guests remember that they can save five percent today and everyday, let's make sure we are all doing the same!"

I remember one time while I was assisting with backup when I was closing grocery one night and I got a redcard app and I said "hey team, lets congratulate me on getting a redcard!"

I freak out the cashiers all the time and I'm only trying to help. I'll wait till they are done with a guest then calmly ask for hangers or reshop. They always clutch their chest and jump. I swear I'm not trying to scare anyone!! One girl says I'm creepy. Oh well, I swear I don't sneak, I just want to be helpful. lol

I freak out the cashiers all the time and I'm only trying to help. I'll wait till they are done with a guest then calmly ask for hangers or reshop. They always clutch their chest and jump. I swear I'm not trying to scare anyone!! One girl says I'm creepy. Oh well, I swear I don't sneak, I just want to be helpful. lol

Nicer than me when i was sent by GSTL to do reshop/hangers.... I'd usually ninja behind a cashier, wait till they had no guests, then shout BOO as loud as i can behind them.

Our PDA messages us, "Hurray! JimBob followed the prompts and blah blah blah a red card." The first time I read the PDA message over the talkie, I got an "OMG," a "You're kidding me, right?" a "I can't believe you really walkied that message," and a "Great job, front end. Keep up the good work."

You could hear laughter erupt throughout the store.

Yes, I have been chastised for having fun on the walkies.

Any of them actually going into the back room with a PDA and pulling their POG's.....god help us all if they move more than a 10' radius from the checklanes!

Any of them actually going into the back room with a PDA and pulling their POG's.....god help us all if they move more than a 10' radius from the checklanes!

If only they could. As always, as soon as you walk away, KABOOM. Then the ETL's decide to come out of the office for the first time that day, and yeah...that's usually why they don't leave. Because they can't.

I'm not a GSA/GSTL but if I want to confuse or annoy my fellow TMs I will say "Hey [name]", look at them with mouth agape and finger in the air, then quickly turn away and put my hand down. Try it sometime.

I sometimes pull my own pogs if theres someone else that can watch the checklanes, doesn't always happen though. And yes... Leaving the checklanes unattended is a horrible idea, and will usually result in catastrophe lol. Thats one coaching i'd rather avoid.

Or if backroom could do their job without whining. You have other things you need to be working on? Yeah, so does the whole rest of the store. Backroom gets bothered the least by guests yet whines the most when they have to do something that wasn't expressly on their list.

Also GSTLs aren't supposed to leave the front lanes. We can be written up for it.

I remember once a GSTL sneaking up behind me saying do not forget to empty your bin at the end of the night! I do not want strays or hangers left behind! Literally scared the daylights out of me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back