Archived Criticised due to culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's that vague BS phrase they toss around. I've noticed Target has become a shit sandwich management wise wrapped in pretty wrapping paper. What I mean by that is they hire a bunch of clueless "leaders" fresh out of college that look good. They're great at smiling, acting for guest, and not having a spine. So they're the pretty wrapping paper, but they produce a shit sandwich.

My favorite new trend is now these young ETLs love going to a TLs' work center (not theirs by the way) and micro manage. "You need to do this" type of stuff. Yet they're clueless. Skipping the partnering step and trying to tell people to do stuff to validate their position, despite not knowing what they're talking about.

Trying their best to throw around buzz words like "let's be productive" from behind an office door with their clique eating and gossiping.

Stick to the facts. If your team members respect you, you produce great works (numbers show it), and you're reliable, you can challenge whatever crap they try to spit at you. You have the evidence.

I ranted for a bit there lol

Hi, I just got promoted to tl but many people from management don't think I'm good because of my different way of doing things. An etl just told me that I should know about the "target culture" by now and that if I continue to act the way I do, things aren't going to turn out well for me in the end. I thought that was ridiculous since I finish all my work on time, exceed expectations, and my team thinks I'm a great leader as well. Do I have to turn myself into a loud, bubbly guy that socializes with management to not get screwed over? What are my options? Thanks

What they are saying is, We want to keep you in this position for as long as possible, you make us look good, but we will never say that you are the reason. "We don't understand your logic, so it must be terrible, even if it works, that is science, and science is a enigma, #Scienceisenigma. You didn't tell us yesterday if what you had for lunch was a good choice or not from your local Panera #Foodwhatlunchwhat" - ETL "perfect"

Just sing to yourself, "Grey skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back