Archived Cross Training in HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully somebody might be able to answer this. I have been trouble finding a job in HR because of little experience even though I do have a 4 year degree in Psychology and HR. I was wondering if there is any way to cross train in HR or "intern" for free to get experience if anyone knows of a TM who has done this? I think our HR TM works less than 20 hours a week but it would be nice to get the experience. Right now im a PA

It is suggested to talk to your etl-hr, asked them if you can learn a new work center, hr. they may say yes, when asked. Especially, you tell them about the degree part. You may get a surprised look.
Annie, I need some help here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya ill have to ask next time im in. Just seems like since it is such a specialized role at the store, and since we only have 1 HR TM, that they might not see a need or want to cross train that position

Cross train in c/o, too.

I personally would love to be trained in cash office...but I feel uncomfortable asking...like it would raise a red flag with AP for someone to ask to do that. But I just like doing that sort of thing, personally. Hmm...

I know it isn't AP...but it just seems like it might feel suspicious to say, "hey, can I get access to the cash and such for a couple of hours every morning to count it?" I dunno...I may wait until they get around to getting me GSA trained (and no, I don't want to hear about how it's bp for the GSA to do it anyway...I get that...my store doesn't do it that way).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is Cash Office just counting tills and making sure they have the right ammount and getting deposits ready and what not. If so I allready had to do that at my previous job so I have that exp =)

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Cash office counts $$ for each register location, straps up advance funds for the next day, preps deposits of large bills, orders $$ for the store, etc.
Look under guides for details.

you won't be able to work for free - but ask your ETL-hr - they may have some options available or ideas. This would be especially helpful during the busy times, like the holidays, and if your store or a store in your area is remodeling. Keep asking until you get an adequate answer. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.