Archived Cross Training in HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully somebody might be able to answer this. I have been trouble finding a job in HR because of little experience even though I do have a 4 year degree in Psychology and HR. I was wondering if there is any way to cross train in HR or "intern" for free to get experience if anyone knows of a TM who has done this? I think our HR TM works less than 20 hours a week but it would be nice to get the experience. Right now im a PA

It is suggested to talk to your etl-hr, asked them if you can learn a new work center, hr. they may say yes, when asked. Especially, you tell them about the degree part. You may get a surprised look.
Annie, I need some help here.

Ya ill have to ask next time im in. Just seems like since it is such a specialized role at the store, and since we only have 1 HR TM, that they might not see a need or want to cross train that position

Cross train in c/o, too.

I personally would love to be trained in cash office...but I feel uncomfortable asking...like it would raise a red flag with AP for someone to ask to do that. But I just like doing that sort of thing, personally. Hmm...

I know it isn't AP...but it just seems like it might feel suspicious to say, "hey, can I get access to the cash and such for a couple of hours every morning to count it?" I dunno...I may wait until they get around to getting me GSA trained (and no, I don't want to hear about how it's bp for the GSA to do it anyway...I get that...my store doesn't do it that way).

Is Cash Office just counting tills and making sure they have the right ammount and getting deposits ready and what not. If so I allready had to do that at my previous job so I have that exp =)

Cash office counts $$ for each register location, straps up advance funds for the next day, preps deposits of large bills, orders $$ for the store, etc.
Look under guides for details.

you won't be able to work for free - but ask your ETL-hr - they may have some options available or ideas. This would be especially helpful during the busy times, like the holidays, and if your store or a store in your area is remodeling. Keep asking until you get an adequate answer. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back