Archived Cross training in other areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, I'm going in tomorrow and asking if I can get cross trained at Guest Services. I'm currently trained as a cashier, and on the sales floor. I was wondering if there are any obstacles or issues that would prevent me from them saying yes besides these that I can think of such as:

1) Attendance

2) Lack of training hours available

Anything else I should be concerned of when I'm going to ask to be cross trained.

No just make sure you pay attention to the return policy. Some of the people that train there just end up taking anything back just to make the guest happy with a "vibe" moment. Your GSTL should be excited that you want to be crossed trained, it will help them in the long run. Besides working there can increase your red card numbers. :D

As far as lack of training hours, if it is an area where they need people they will find a way to put you there. I asked to cross-train in bike building and electronics. I so far have had one bike building training shift. Wasn't getting anything for electronics. Then all of a sudden this week one of our electronics TMs is leaving to go back to school and I'm back there one day this week and almost all of next week. Of course these are actual shifts and I still haven't been trained back there...minor detail. But I know enough to hold my own til I get used to it.

Watch out...those words may kill you. Guess what starts up in 3 months. Cross-training for Guest Service in August may lead to getting scheduled Holiday Service Desk Shifts. Great for hours...but its a suicide mission. THE DREADED HOLIDAY RETURNS.

Guest Service Team Member during Holiday times
ExplodingHeadScanners.jpg

Watch out...those words may kill you. Guess what starts up in 3 months. Cross-training for Guest Service in August may lead to getting scheduled Holiday Service Desk Shifts. Great for hours...but its a suicide mission. THE DREADED HOLIDAY RETURNS.

Guest Service Team Member during Holiday times
ExplodingHeadScanners.jpg

I'd always imagined a GSTM looking more like kurt cobain during the holidays.

Eh, it's not so bad. Besides the fact that you won't be able to see the surface of your guest service counter until Valentine's Day. What color was it again? Red, I think?

That said, I would much rather work Guest Service during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays than Halloween. I hate spending 3/4 of my shift trying to track down which costumes go with which individual pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back