Archived Cross training...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiminy

I'd like to order 1 large person with extra people
Hey guys, I'm just wondering, does your pay go up if/when you get cross trained for another department?

Thanks!

no... well sometimes

Electronics does, and it depends on how many hours you are working in that department.

edited to be a little more accurate.

Ah, thank you.

It depends on the workcenter. If you're trained in a workcenter that's in a higher paygrade (for example: backroom, electronics, plano, etc.) and more than half of your hours are in that workcenter, you should be bumped up to that paygrade.

I wish/think Guest Service would have a higher pay-grade. I feel like fucking Sherlock Holmes dealing with some of the guests that try and pull scams all the time. Eh. Honestly, I still think it's easier than being a cashier though.

I wish/think Guest Service would have a higher pay-grade. I feel like fucking Sherlock Holmes dealing with some of the guests that try and pull scams all the time. Eh. Honestly, I still think it's easier than being a cashier though.

Yeah, when I started working at Target as a seasonal cashier I thought, "The last place in the store that I would want to be is at the service desk! They have to deal with all the cranky bitches who want to complain about something." Now, whenever I do work a cashier shift I just want to grab a pen or something and end my life. It's the most monotonous, soul-sucking task ever. I also probably encounter more crazies as a cashier than I do even at the service desk.

Be able to do anything.

Just saying...

They like to tell you to cross train to get more hours... and here's what happens in the "new Target":

Cart attendant TM has cross trained in produce and backroom. Cart attendant officially gets moved to produce. Every damned day a cart attendant calls out, or overnight can't finish backstocking the truck, that team member gets pulled from produce to do carts or to backstock. Team member is never in produce.

It happens the same whether you are cross trained in Electronics, Food Avenue - insert random department here. No one gets called in to fill a shift; they just pull from whatever team members are currently on the floor. Friggin' amazing anything gets done at all.

^^ So much this! I picked up a shift on the floor last week. Well, the front end was in constant backup (I'm a cashier) so who kept getting called on the walkie? Finally, they made an agreement with the HLTL and I wound up staying up front, which I was not fucking happy about at all. At least they let me stay at the service desk and do zoning instead of staying on a lane.

LOL I feel the same way when Guests come with a huge stack of coupons as a Cashier. It instantly sets off an alarm and I spread them all out and make sure they can all be used together. You could say that I'm pretty much an expert for finding scammers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back