Archived Crosstraining

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheaterBabe

Anonymous
Hey y'all. Is there a certain amount of time that I have to work at Target before I can crosstrain? I was hired for Cafe/Food Ave. back in April and I would like to cross into Starbucks.

Formally, I'd bet it's safer to finish out your 90 days before trying to do anything else. Doesn't mean you can't talk about cross training anywhere else. I bet even in your 90 days you'd be able to cross-train between food ave and sbux. Talk to your Team leader about cross training. As far as I know, you're safe to do whatever you set your mind to do at Target.

Hey y'all. Is there a certain amount of time that I have to work at Target before I can crosstrain? I was hired for Cafe/Food Ave. back in April and I would like to cross into Starbucks.

No time restraint at all. Just make sure you are excelling in your primary work center before you try to crosstrain. We have a crappy cashier who keeps trying to switch to beauty or starbucks.

Start with your team leader, Then talk to the one of the position you are interested once you have their blessing. Since you probably have the same team lead for both go for it.

I literally started out cross training for both cashier and Starbucks. I do both on a regular basis, though I'd probably say I'm only a cashier 1/4 to 1/3 of the time, if that. The more you're cross trained for, the more hours you can get.

I love anyone who's willing to cross train for Starbucks, even if they aren't in Starbucks most of the time. It sucks when there's a rush and literally nobody to call over for help even just on the register.

About 4 SBTLs ago, most of our Cafe & SB TMs were cross-trained.
It was great because we had a little wider pool to schedule from for call-outs, TMs could pick up shifts after the holiday when hrs were lean & it broadened their skill set.
Most importantly, they could appreciate the 'other side' a bit more when it came to tasks.

About 4 SBTLs ago, most of our Cafe & SB TMs were cross-trained.
It was great because we had a little wider pool to schedule from for call-outs, TMs could pick up shifts after the holiday when hrs were lean & it broadened their skill set.
Most importantly, they could appreciate the 'other side' a bit more when it came to tasks.

Kudos to you. Some of our Starbucks tms whine when they have to cover a cafe break.

I'm about to transfer, and was just asked by my new store if I'd consider cross training for deli and bakery. :eek:

I'm intrigued by the possibility of working in bakery, but not so much deli. I think I'm too much of a klutz, and even my ETL laughed and agreed with me when I mentioned it. But hey, I'll go see how it looks, take a mini-tour, and ask a bunch of questions first. Can't hurt to at least know some of what it entails. Won't know until I actually go.

Deli seems like a fairly simple area to work. I think it's a bit larger of a team than the Bakery team, but the process seems pretty straight forward. I might work Deli if anyone asked me to. Deli is one of the areas I'd love to lead as a team lead. I'd LOVE to also be a Produce Team Lead... you basically own that entire area, very loose and rare Planograms, so you get to set everything up the way you do. It's basically like running your own show, compared to other areas where you do whatever the LOD or your ETL or SrTL tells you to do.

Deli seems like a fairly simple area to work. I think it's a bit larger of a team than the Bakery team, but the process seems pretty straight forward. I might work Deli if anyone asked me to. Deli is one of the areas I'd love to lead as a team lead. I'd LOVE to also be a Produce Team Lead... you basically own that entire area, very loose and rare Planograms, so you get to set everything up the way you do. It's basically like running your own show, compared to other areas where you do whatever the LOD or your ETL or SrTL tells you to do.
one of the positions I keep trying for outside target is produce manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back