Archived ctls, be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

consume

凸(-_-)凸
The ABC/DEF tl thing isn't working out as well as they hoped.

I just inherited A block.

BCD tl/EF seasonal tl/AG tl

I can agree that def/seasonal is a lot. If someone is going to have BCD, areas known for a lot of clearance and typically ugly, in a lot of stores, that shit better look immaculate. (Oh and baskets of stray that take 5 minutes and endcaps that take 2 minutes to build, that seems 2 to many currently, since no one seems to build them and we end up with aisles of endcap clearance)

The only pro I see out of this, if I'm able to manage the situation, since b and c are trumped by a, and e f seasonal trumps d, if someone really took care of them it would help make the store look a lot better. I'll be goddamned if they don't end up it, at least.

I'll be able to have a lot more control over hl tms, and am planning on having my pa rule over tms in that area, just as they have g.
I'm going to fight for complete loss of backroom responsibility also. I'm on the floor, the brtl needs to be accountable for br. (Hell, their first plan of killing the CD tl didn't work, they're adding more to my plate, br won't hurt anymore than I am taking on a block, than they would finally being responsible for something that's in their area and have never been held accountable for)

It's going to take an iron fist if they actually expect/I want this to work

Last edited:
I started with all of A-F (all of Hardlines except grocery), then went to CDEF, then to all of Hardlines (A-G).
It doesn't work to have one TL for all of those areas, let alone add in softlines. (I did okay with A-F, some days were a struggle but it wasn't that terrible, and I wasnt a SrTL yet so it was manageable).

I am a PA, but my CTL has had A+G for months...

He is lucky, because I pretty much run the whole market section of G myself, while he was A and Paper.

He is lucky, because I pretty much run the whole market section of G myself, while he was A and Paper.
that's what I don't want. Im not getting paid anymore, my pa won't be getting paid anymore. I don't want to stick my pa with a tl position. I rather us do as good of a job as we have with g in a and g. If they want a CTL to run hardlines, they'll have to deal with a pa running hltms

It's just another set of tms we have to gain control over and a area (TLS,etls) we have to replanogram thought wise

Blocks aren't the same in all stores, which makes this thread hard to read if people don't know which areas you are referring to.

It is hard. I didn't get what was being said about one section being trumped by another and I am interested in this thread. Where I work, A and C are meds, soaps, chemicals, HBA and pets. B is market.

Blocks aren't the same in all stores, which makes this thread hard to read if people don't know which areas you are referring to.

It is hard. I didn't get what was being said about one section being trumped by another and I am interested in this thread. Where I work, A and C are meds, soaps, chemicals, HBA and pets. B is market.

Sounds like the majority of the posters in this thread are in similar prototype P-Fresh stores. Mine is similar with Market and Paper in G and HBA/Pets/Chemicals in A.

Oh good point.. Well I had pets paper market, g, now I've got chemicals/cosmetics etc

A in my store is cosmetics/meds/soaps/pets/chemicals...

G is Paper and Market

This is easily atleast 60% of our volume.. and to have only 1 TL in charge of atleast 60% of our volume is retarded...

(I bet it is actually close to 80% of our volume as Market alone is about 33% of our sales)

G is Paper and Market

This is easily atleast 60% of our volume.. and to have only 1 TL in charge of atleast 60% of our volume is retarded...

(I bet it is actually close to 80% of our volume as Market alone is about 33% of our sales)
you're telling me.

alright, so the previous ABC tl spent most time in a.. B and c didn't get much care.. The DEF tl spent most of their time in e/f seasonal.. A cos/chem/soap/meds, b stationary/housewares, c carpets/bathroom etc, d furniture/pillows etc, e toys, f electronics/seasonal, g market/pets/paper..

B, c, and d are ugly in a lot of stores (I'm a fan of walking targets with another CTL to see what they're doing)

Last edited:

well, that means it's probably coming for all of us, I guess I'm going to have to beg for hardlines hours, they made it seem when I asked, that I was going to be expected to fix a block using only my market hours

I'm in a high volume store.. It's going to be interesting

Is paper meaning paper towels/toilet paper? At my store, those are near the chem between pets and cosmetics. Usually what I assume would be our flow team (not sure exactly, the people there before we open) zone chem and paper. No one would get to it otherwise...The first aisle of market is trashbags/sandwich bags and whatnot, but I don't think anyone ever zones them. Our SrTL is the market guy but in a couple of weeks he is switching to hardlines while our hadlines TL comes back to market. Is this something that will mainly cause changes for TLs or will market be expected to zone A and market?

I only close market and there is never time for any of the closers to finish zoning even dry market with all the backup and having to help push hardline CAFs so I can't imagine getting to A as well.

Is paper meaning paper towels/toilet paper? At my store, those are near the chem between pets and cosmetics. Usually what I assume would be our flow team (not sure exactly, the people there before we open) zone chem and paper. No one would get to it otherwise...The first aisle of market is trashbags/sandwich bags and whatnot, but I don't think anyone ever zones them. Our SrTL is the market guy but in a couple of weeks he is switching to hardlines while our hadlines TL comes back to market. Is this something that will mainly cause changes for TLs or will market be expected to zone A and market?

I only close market and there is never time for any of the closers to finish zoning even dry market with all the backup and having to help push hardline CAFs so I can't imagine getting to A as well.
At my store never. I'm not going to sacrifice the hours dedicated to ensure my area is food safe with fixing up shit little girls mess up and open and damage every day.

I have a lot to in stake with the arguments I'm faced on having to make.. I'm making them tomorrow.

BTW, I can zone every single aisle and backwall perfectly, this is what I hold my team to, if I can do it, so can you, if you want to be in market..

Zoning a block, I've never had to do chem/cos/healthcare my entire 5 year career.. Lots of little items in the stay basket. Namely makeup, something the different numbers and crap mean nothing to me.. It's gonna suck

Last edited:

G is Paper and Market

you know what? I read this earlier and was like "I know that's right".. This is exactly why I started this thread. That's an excellent point to bring up when they're trying to push me for a block with only market hours..

Im not afraid of this task, I'm excited to run the best looking dpt (g) (this is what they told me, their opinion, not something I'm saying), and the one that makes the most money. (A)

They're acting like somehow market hours are going to magically fix the dpt that makes the most in hl, and still remain nice looking, food safe, and full in market...

I mean, I already have to cover the backrooms ass.. So basically I have 4 coolers and g block.. Now plus a.

Last edited:
AE14 is not working in our store.

Our new org chart removed 4 TL and 1 ETL position.

So now we have:
ETL-HR
ETL-RX

ETL-Log
-Backroom/Instocks TL
-Presentation/Pricing TL
-Flow TL

ETL-GE/SF
-Guest Service TL
-Starbucks TL
-Target Cafe TL
-Sales Floor TL

You read that right, ONE Sales Floor TL. No Softlines, Electronics, ABC/DEF, or Consumables TLs. Just one to try and maintain the entire effin' sales floor. It is not working. I feel terrible for our SFTL. Any time I see her she looks absolutely exhausted. And she used to be one of the most fun and peppy TLs in our store. Not even a year in and it's worn her down.

Sorry if I strayed off-topic :p

AE14 is not working in our store.

Our new org chart removed 4 TL and 1 ETL position.

So now we have:
ETL-HR
ETL-RX

ETL-Log
-Backroom/Instocks TL
-Presentation/Pricing TL
-Flow TL

ETL-GE/SF
-Guest Service TL
-Starbucks TL
-Target Cafe TL
-Sales Floor TL

You read that right, ONE Sales Floor TL. No Softlines, Electronics, ABC/DEF, or Consumables TLs. Just one to try and maintain the entire effin' sales floor. It is not working. I feel terrible for our SFTL. Any time I see her she looks absolutely exhausted. And she used to be one of the most fun and peppy TLs in our store. Not even a year in and it's worn her down.

Sorry if I strayed off-topic :p

Mine is the exact same...I always have a good laugh when I realize we have 2 TLs for the tiny area that is Starbucks/FA and 1 TL for the checklanes.... yet only 1 TL for the ENTIRE floor.

Heres my leadership

ETL-HR -Xfer a few months ago
ETL-RX- Xfer a few months ago

ETL-Log -Dont have one currently, got xfered to another store
-Backroom/Instocks TL - SR TL
-Presentation/Pricing TL- SR TL
-Flow TL - JUST a TL that has done a few other positions

ETL-GE/SF - Was a former SR at the store
-Guest Service TL - Been here a while now
-Starbucks TL - Been at our store for a long time
-Target Cafe TL - Promoted a few months ago
-Sales Floor TL- SR TL

STL- Xfer a few months ago

So ya we have 3 SR TL, no ETL LOG, AND our ETL HR, RX, STL and Backroom TL all xfered into the store within the last few months

At my store never. I'm not going to sacrifice the hours dedicated to ensure my area is food safe with fixing up shit little girls mess up and open and damage every day.

I have a lot to in stake with the arguments I'm faced on having to make.. I'm making them tomorrow.

BTW, I can zone every single aisle and backwall perfectly, this is what I hold my team to, if I can do it, so can you, if you want to be in market..

Zoning a block, I've never had to do chem/cos/healthcare my entire 5 year career.. Lots of little items in the stay basket. Namely makeup, something the different numbers and crap mean nothing to me.. It's gonna suck

I wish this was the case at my store...if we actually stay on top of the zone it can be zoned back up in like 2-3 hours but when it doesnt get zoned or is lazily zoned it takes FOREVER when I have to close and zone. Just last night I found an entire cart of Reshop and another half of a cart I worked out along the way. That is rediculous. Not to mention I usually find tons of empty cardboard boxes and trash all over the place most times I close.

I have commented several times that when I close back to back nights I dont think it is just a coincidence that when I zone the second night I am done in almost half the time it took the night before...Coincidence? I think not!!!

well, that means it's probably coming for all of us, I guess I'm going to have to beg for hardlines hours, they made it seem when I asked, that I was going to be expected to fix a block using only my market hours

I'm in a high volume store.. It's going to be interesting

I suggest training your PAs to do your job. My "CTL" was only made CTL when my last one quit 4 months ago... My partner PA is lazy and doesn't do shit... Which is borderline wanting to make me quit. I myself have been a PA for year, and am looked at as the grizzled old veteran over here.. Which is crazy. I have been and am still looked at to train my own god damn CTL.

I wish this was the case at my store...if we actually stay on top of the zone it can be zoned back up in like 2-3 hours but when it doesnt get zoned or is lazily zoned it takes FOREVER when I have to close and zone. Just last night I found an entire cart of Reshop and another half of a cart I worked out along the way. That is rediculous. Not to mention I usually find tons of empty cardboard boxes and trash all over the place most times I close.

I have commented several times that when I close back to back nights I dont think it is just a coincidence that when I zone the second night I am done in almost half the time it took the night before...Coincidence? I think not!!
!

I superzoned Paper Corner tonight when i closed, didn't get to Freezers.

Guess where I am going to do my Mid-day zone if I can get to it?

Does even owning a hardlines/softlines block mean anything to a Salesfloor Team Lead anymore? With Plano now taking over salesplanners, and the In-Stocks process still being a cluster-fuck depending on what pilot you're part of, it's hard to pin down exactly what being a Salesfloor Team Lead means now a days.

With Consumables, it's straight forward. You're in charge of making sure Food Safety a thing in your store. Manage your PA's. Ensure Consumables routines are in place, follow up on cleaning, keep your DSD vendors in line, etc etc etc.

With Electronics, it's kind of the same thing. You have an Electronics team, maintain the AAR culture, follow up with your console vendors and so on.

But multiple "Hardlines" team leads? Giving each Team Lead "blocks"...? What does it mean to even "own" HBA or Home Decor or Bath? In-Stocks owns the research process, Price Change owns the CLR process, zone just gets done as it needs to get done by team members. I guess own D-Code? Though that should be part of the Backroom Team Lead core roles...making sure the backroom isn't sitting on product.

Same goes with Softlines. Why "own" areas when the process or task part of the job is being taken upon the speciality teams?

Target right now is in a kind of "flux" state, where they don't really know what to do with their Salesfloor Leads. Before, they were basically Department Managers...but now we're trimmed down to the point where they own too many departments to actually maintain. Their core rolls need to be redefined and this "owning a block" culture needs to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back