Archived curious backroom question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store all the backroom guys have to work any backroom shift. Was wondering if that is going on in other stores. Our store pretty much eliminated early morning and day side.

At my store you're hired on as either dayside or early morning unless you ask the ETL for other backroom shifts. There are a few people that work dayside and early morning.

We have morning guys and a couple of us who rotate mids and closings. I've been told by my TL that they want to eliminate the mid shift and only have early mornings and just the closer. He's tried not having mids before and it always put too much pressure on the closers.

We only have 3 br guys. One closes five days, one opens 3 and closes the other two and one fills in where needed such as if the opener is closing.

It sucks because I'm the opener and I often get closing to open shifts. If I was just cashiering it'd be fine but running up and down ladders, grabbing flexes, setting the line and getting out late only to come in the next morning is brutal.

We should the opener and closer open and close the five week days, then rotate flow for the weekends but that makes too much sense.

Our backroom TMs work shifts based on their availability and where they perform best. We have a M-F closer and everyone else opens, with a few TMs rotating weekend closing shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back