Current unload method

It's been awhile, how is the truck unloaded nowadays? Is there still a flow unload team? I haven't really paid much attention since I am free....The Captain is no longer in chains. I did like to do the unload, good exercise.

Inbound team still exists (aka the same TMs come in for unload everyday) but they aren't suppose to use that terminology anymore. Old Flow TM and Inbound TM now=General Merchandise Expert

At my store, TLs aren't allowed on the line. They aren't allowed to help sort, they aren't suppose to be involved with unload at all. One regular TM is designated the unload captain and they're suppose to handle any problems and make sure the line runs smoothly.

Not sure the last time you were on the line, but post-modernization, we dropped to one thrower and we cut the number of TMs on the line in half. We used to run 10+ sometimes back in the day be we're lucky to have 5 now (ASANTS, of course). We've unloaded many trucks at my store with only 3-4 TMs this past year, and that includes the thrower. It can be a nightmare with just one call in because the ETLs refuse to give us help if we're short handed. Some of the higher volume stores seem to be doing ok with it with the changes, my store has struggled mightily.

Last edited:
EXPERT? Cool, I like it! ONE thrower? Cool, another brilliant move by the corporate imbeciles. And when Mr./Ms. thrower is injured? It can happen, it did happen my store but we had 2 or 3 in the truck. The sickening cute little titles they throw around are nauseating. Customer/guest ADVOCATE? another winner! One of my all time greatest moments was I caught someone throwing a couple of dozen eggs into the baler! I miss those days.

Yeah it’s been a few years since I worked at the store. Sounds awful. God.

Oh yes Tessa, eggs in the baler, meat occasionally as well. Found a pallet in there once also. I was off that day, our SFT told me. He couldn't keep a straight face! Some of the past employees were not very bright. Most were lazy. It was fun, for a few years.

EXPERT? Cool, I like it! ONE thrower? Cool, another brilliant move by the corporate imbeciles. And when Mr./Ms. thrower is injured? It can happen, it did happen my store but we had 2 or 3 in the truck. The sickening cute little titles they throw around are nauseating. Customer/guest ADVOCATE? another winner! One of my all time greatest moments was I caught someone throwing a couple of dozen eggs into the baler! I miss those days.
There is more than 1 thrower involved in unload, but only 1 thrower at a time. At my store they switch off every 45 minute to an hour.

There is more than 1 thrower involved in unload, but only 1 thrower at a time. At my store they switch off every 45 minute to an hour.
Wow really that sounds liike you are reading crap from the inbound manual.
In a real store one thrower in the truck until it’s done then comes yout 15 minute break usually after 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Then get ready to throw the second truck.

Back