Archived Cut Cut Cut snip snip snip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorurDreamcat

little Vibrator
so today was our Holiday Helper Day... yesterday I found out that there would be 1. no coffee, cookies or refreshments for the Shoppers, no gift wrapping ... basically nothing, and then 2. I was also told that "shop with a cop" is also a part of history, and the children would only get a gift card?!
Seriously?
Why do we have to become so stingy? I suggested to the TL in charge of the volunteer events to just do coffee/refreshments for the shoppers out of our funds and I would set it all up today ... Today came, I made the effort .. and then nobody showed. :( I am so disappointed.
... and while i'm at it ... WTF is the Shopping carts around the store about? And WTF do we need a greeter at the door for? Are we really trying to become like that other Retailer? They are probably laughing their butts off right now because we want to be like them... Hell our Morale storeside is already heading that way, we might as well go for it all, and then change from our Red shirts to blue. Really!!!! I'm disappointed. It looks like we have lost our identity that made us Target.

luckily we still have money to pay fresh out of college etl's salaries who will degenerate for a few years and then leave the company!!!

wow,I worked all day and did not even know that,but it has been fading fast over the last few years,last year they made some of the older tms cry because they had cut back so much.It was only about 3/4 years ago that it was a major event that every tm was proud to be part of,enough said.

It is seriously embarassing that we are trying to be like Sam's crew nowadays. First we open earlier because they are and now we have a door greeter? My first thought like so many of u was for real? Are we WalTarget now or something lol. Guest service and like the first poster said we are losing what made us different from Wally World, now I'm having a hard time seeing the lines as they are starting to blur together and we are trying to copy Walmart too much IMO. Morale at our store is iffy as well.

Our store is also a ULV store and we are giving bikes to the kids coming in for Shop with a hero and we are also doing gift wrapping for the holiday helper day, sad that not all stores are doing it anymore.

For our Holiday Helper Day, one of the girls from HR sat at a table outside of Starbucks with wrapping paper for 2 hours after opening (at our store, we offered to wrap gifts for seniors). No one came to her for wrapping. We have plenty of older guests that shop early in the morning, but not a one even paid attention to the wrapping table.

we had shop with a cop tonight. It was fun and everyone loved it!
I understand the frustration with greeters BUT target actually had greeters once upon a time. This is only a trial so we'll see where this takes us too..
Did anyone else get the memo that we are open until 9pm on Christmas Eve now??

The reason why there were not to be refreshments at holiday helpers is because Target took a poll of the guests that come to holiday helpers and they said they would much rather have a coupon than a coffee and a muffin.

Hahaha you stopped right at the right place. Oh about 119% of the time that's where my mind is. I'm a guy what do you expect? Lol

I have never in all my 20+ years seen the Holiday Helper event as poorly planned and communicated. I am not talking about in the community, I am talking about within our building. I didn't know about the event until I walked in the store and saw the sign. There were no sign up sheets to request to help guests, or notifications, asking us to pass the word to family and friends. I know they have not had the wrapping tables, and snacks in a while - but I feel like an ignoramus for not even knowing it was going on - wasn't even mentioned at the morning huddle.

Same here. We were blindsided. In yrs past, I volunteered to open & set up the giftwrap area (heck, I even wrapped for a couple of yrs). This yr, no wrapping, pitiful refreshments & no one to play Santa until a TM called her husband on his day off!

I have never in all my 20+ years seen the Holiday Helper event as poorly planned and communicated. I am not talking about in the community, I am talking about within our building. I didn't know about the event until I walked in the store and saw the sign. There were no sign up sheets to request to help guests, or notifications, asking us to pass the word to family and friends. I know they have not had the wrapping tables, and snacks in a while - but I feel like an ignoramus for not even knowing it was going on - wasn't even mentioned at the morning huddle.

Just because you used the word ignoramus. :-D

whoever talk to this teacher at a store in ohio, is now in big trouble.
http://news.yahoo.com/teacher-ohio-target-worker-snubs-student-shopping-015437126.html

yeah, um, this shopping trip you're planning, yeah, um, it's really kind of at a bad time. See, we don't have enough cashiers, and
we probably don't need your money anyway. Yeah, we're doing just fine - no, don't worry about it. Could I suggest you stop by
another retailer? Sure, you pick - anyone of them.

Whatttt... why doesn't my store do ANY of this? Literally none of these things... shop with a cop? Shop with a hero? Never heard of either.

Makes me want to pull my hair out,of course we don't have any cashiers either,but for $2000 sales we might even leave some of the paperwork till later.

I remember working in SL a while back when some high school kids from a nearby church came in to shop for a needy family. The church was part of a well-to-do neighborhood & these kids were from wealthy families. They were picking out outrageous clothing for the kids ("gangsta" look) while laughing & making sterotypical comments. I finally located one of their adult leaders & gave her a heads-up.
Needless to say, they had to start their shopping from scratch.

Makes me want to pull my hair out,of course we don't have any cashiers either,but for $2000 sales we might even leave some of the paperwork till later.

If its anything like my store the geniuses running the front end wont even bother calling up more cashiers, they'll just send people to check out at Food Ave. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to ring up that much merchandise over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back