Archived Cutting hours while ordering delivery for the store 3 days in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figure in the cost of health insurance, accumulating sick time, accumulating vacation time, matching 401k, it's cheaper to have 3-4 people splitting 40 hours. Never mind that nothing gets done, or gets done properly because the mindset is that the next person will do it. Only thing that matters is that it costs Spot less, period
All bow down to the almighty shareholders

I don't understand why Target continues to hire while cutting current TMs hours. Does this make sense? Can anyone explain the thought rationale? I'm waiting??

I feel like they're trying to emulate WM to some extent. You have many employees (although at Spot those employees have only minimal hours) so that you don't need to hire as many employees for the holidays. Spot has a stable of trained TMs who are hungry for hours. Spot saves money by not having to hire or train as many people.

That makes sense. Never thought about the insurance.

It’s cheap to new hire to work part time start at 15 dollars an hour instead full time start at 10 dollars with benefits. No benefits= more profits into selfies CEO’s pocket.

Companies get a huge tax break for offering health benefits to their employees, so even though the coverage costs a lot, the tax write-off for Target is a large percentage of the cost. Tax write-offs for health coverage offered by big companies ultimately is paid for by viewers like you (the taxpayers). 💲

Kmart was hiring seasonal a month before they closed the store I worked at years ago. Target is going the same way, it will just be a matter of time. Walmart has exponentially more money than Target. So they can hang on longer, but ultimately Amazon may buy out Target before that happens and use the stores for distribution centers. That’s my prediction anyway.

Kmart was hiring seasonal a month before they closed the store I worked at years ago. Target is going the same way, it will just be a matter of time. Walmart has exponentially more money than Target. So they can hang on longer, but ultimately Amazon may buy out Target before that happens and use the stores for distribution centers. That’s my prediction anyway.
Amazons partnered with kohl’s for returns so they’re a More likely purchase than us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back