Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two tms in our RX who have been with the company 19 and 20 years respectfully. They were told that if they stayed in the RX then they would no longer be employed by Target...if they chose to move to another area then of course they could stay with the company. One of the ladies is the RX team lead...she has spent all these years working for Spot only to come on one day and find out..Oh yeah...you may be working for a different company soon. One of the other ladies, works in the RX part time...flow the rest of the time. She wa told if she stayed in the RX ( after take over) she would no longer be allowed to work flow. I also have overheard guests asked the RX team about what was going to happen etc...the RX team tells the guest that they don't know...that the public knows just as much as they do. IF Spot just had to do this...then they could had better prepared the RX team instead of just some bs email they sent out on the day of .

We have two tms in our RX who have been with the company 19 and 20 years respectfully. They were told that if they stayed in the RX then they would no longer be employed by Target...if they chose to move to another area then of course they could stay with the company. One of the ladies is the RX team lead...she has spent all these years working for Spot only to come on one day and find out..Oh yeah...you may be working for a different company soon. One of the other ladies, works in the RX part time...flow the rest of the time. She wa told if she stayed in the RX ( after take over) she would no longer be allowed to work flow. I also have overheard guests asked the RX team about what was going to happen etc...the RX team tells the guest that they don't know...that the public knows just as much as they do. IF Spot just had to do this...then they could had better prepared the RX team instead of just some bs email they sent out on the day of .

Considering that one of the things that Spot is the worst at is communication is it any surprise that they left the TMs twisting in the wind?
So now the STLs are making shit up to keep people from freaking out and the Rx team is shrugging their shoulders when guests have honest questions about what is going to happen.
The very least they could have done was issue a FAQ so everyone would be on the same page.

Considering that one of the things that Spot is the worst at is communication is it any surprise that they left the TMs twisting in the wind?
So now the STLs are making shit up to keep people from freaking out and the Rx team is shrugging their shoulders when guests have honest questions about what is going to happen.
The very least they could have done was issue a FAQ so everyone would be on the same page.
Exactly! One of the Rx team members was trying to find out more answers for out stl...all he could say is I don't know ...I can look into it for you...but I don't have concrete answers for you. For the first time in a long time ..I felt bad for him ( stl). You cant blame the STL for not knowing or blame the RX team members for being upset

I work in the flow team and I just applied to cvs pharmacy not even 5 minutes ago which I didn't want to do and now I here this.

I'm a pharmacy team lead that's been with Target for 19 years. The cvs news was absolutely soul crushing because I've never met a pharmacy person that liked working for cvs! And to the person who commented about Target metrics, our metrics are going to triple at least with cvs!! On a side note, I work at a store with an awesome HR. He printed a Q and A document for me on Friday about the buyout and told me that because of all the uncertainty the company would be releasing one every Friday. Pharmacy people should ask their HR for this same information!

He printed a Q and A document for me on Friday about the buyout and told me that because of all the uncertainty the company would be releasing one every Friday. Pharmacy people should ask their HR for this same information!

So basically. There going to make up information as they go along, and the sale continues. I guess I'm not surprised. But still. The staggering amount of made up information and confusion in the company... is astounding. I just... don't think this is all going to play out well.

And it's really upsetting. You've got a bunch of Pharmacy TM's, uncertain with how to proceed. :/

Yes, I agree. All we know for certain is that we will be offered jobs with cvs and that we can't also work for Target. I was told by HR that you can work for cvs and Target as long it's not in the same building...

I don't think spot would be very appreciative if they had those nyquil's etc within guests reach so people can make meth. They would definitely keep them behind the RX counter no matter what the STL said. They are behind the RX counter for a reason.......

My stl said that org charts/store volume classifications do not take pharmacy business into account...someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. (Because if they did we'd be a higher org chart or volume at my store)

Hmm...I know it counts for daily, weekly, etc sales...

Pharmacy Sales are removed when considering the org charts/store volume. But are still counted towards your daily sales goals.

what was Target's pharmacy reputation? Target Pharmacy, deserved or not, does not have the name recognition that CVS, Walgreens or Rite Aid has. .
It depends on where you are at, I live in an area where CVS has essentially 0 name recognition, as we are in one of the markets CVS is not currently in, thus it won't do a thing for brining in more people, and depending on how CVS treats the staff, what policies they put in place.... it could do the opposite...

I don't think spot would be very appreciative if they had those nyquil's etc within guests reach so people can make meth. They would definitely keep them behind the RX counter no matter what the STL said. They are behind the RX counter for a reason.......
By law, they HAVE to be behind the pharmacy counter. There's no way around it....unless we simply stop selling it, which I guarantee isn't going to happen...

Our ETL-Rx also had the "weekly update" and they are doing conference calls with people from CVS. We WILL be allowed to ring out Target purchases and they have also agreed to NOT close any existing "Target" pharmacies for a certain amount of time (which I'm not sure has been determined yet). They are also working on a "generic list," which would be similar to our current $4/10 list.

There are rumors starting to float around that the deal may not go through after all....with this purchase, CVS would be "bigger" than Walgreen's. Apparently, this does not make Walgreen's happy, and they are trying to find a way to block the sale, particularly since CVS is also purchasing Omnicare. With these two purchases, CVS would not only have more stores than Walgreen's, they would also be allowed to have their hands in virtually every facet of pharmacy: brick and mortar stores, mail order, specialty Rx, their own PBM, and LTC. The only thing they are missing is hospital.....

There are rumors starting to float around that the deal may not go through after all....with this purchase, CVS would be "bigger" than Walgreen's. Apparently, this does not make Walgreen's happy, and they are trying to find a way to block the sale, particularly since CVS is also purchasing Omnicare. With these two purchases, CVS would not only have more stores than Walgreen's, they would also be allowed to have their hands in virtually every facet of pharmacy: brick and mortar stores, mail order, specialty Rx, their own PBM, and LTC. The only thing they are missing is hospital.....

This could be promising. I mean... look at the Comcast & Time Warner failed merger... :)

Just read an article from BizJournal (didn't know how to link it sorry) that stated Spot has used some of the money from selling to CVS to buy back Spot stocks. Now that seems like a step in the right direction, but before I get my hopes up, I'll like to see the quantitative data. How many, when, and the future of stockholders....
Not sure how they could have done that already as no $$ has changed hands as of yet (that I know of)....the deal hasn't even been approved. I can't imagine CVS has lid a dime yet not knowing what the final outcome will be.

By law, they HAVE to be behind the pharmacy counter. There's no way around it....unless we simply stop selling it, which I guarantee isn't going to happen....
Sudafed PE, can be kept over the counter. But, pseudoephedrine containing products are federally required to be kept behind the counter. As well as codeine containing cough syrup.

It has to be kept behind the counter, so it can't be easily accessed by teens, stolen, and can be tracked in state-database systems. No way around it.

Across the border though, in Canada. Apparently you can purchase Tylenol with Codeine, behind the counter without a prescription. Interesting honestly...

Edit - Wrote over instead of behind the counter. Obviously was a little drowsy while writing this post :p

This could be promising. I mean... look at the Comcast & Time Warner failed merger... :)
As well as Staples & Office Depot (who recently merged with Office Max).

Sudafed PE, can be kept over the counter. But, pseudoephedrine containing products are federally required to be kept over the counter. As well as codeine containing cough syrup.

It has to be kept over the counter, so it can't be easily accessed by teens, stolen, and can be tracked in state-database systems. No way around it.

Across the border though, in Canada. Apparently you can purchase Tylenol with Codeine, behind the counter without a prescription. Interesting honestly...
There is no pseudoephedrine in Sudafed PE & it can't be used to make meth., which is why it's available OTC & not tracked (it also doesn't work worth a damn, but that's a different story). There are a bunch of different PE formulations that are available OTC. PSE can't be accessed by anyone under the age of 18 (even some OTC cough/cold meds, like Robitussin in some states) & most stores don't stock the codeine cough syrups that are available for purchase because they don't WANT people buying it without a Rx.

And I think you mean "behind the counter" for the PSE/codeine cough syrup products. "Over the counter" means readily available to the public (I.e. On the floor, like the PE formulations) ;)

Does the non-PSE junk work for anyone? I tried it once and it wasn't worth crap. Our knock-off of the Advil Cold and Sinus with the PSE works wonders for me; kinda gets me hig... drowsy when I feel like crap.

The non-pse stuff, only seems to get purchased when the pharmacy is closed, or super busy :p

It really is crap though. Reminds me of those homeopathic sugar pills :p

Does the non-PSE junk work for anyone? I tried it once and it wasn't worth crap. Our knock-off of the Advil Cold and Sinus with the PSE works wonders for me; kinda gets me hig... drowsy when I feel like crap.
We have one guest who SWEARS by it, but I've never heard of anyone else who prefers it :D

I think that our pharmacist said that CVS stores are unionized......if that is the case then a TM probably can't work CVS & Target flow.

I know that there are some specific rules about what you can and cannot do when working....and different work centers are part of that......part of the reason people wouldn't unionize with Target is that TMs would be prohibited from being in two different work centers at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back