Archived D-Coded Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an new Electronics TL and I'm following up from a past TL that didn't care what was in the backroom. When I look up on the Backroom Inventory Report, I have 20+ pages of D-Coded Books & Video Games. I've looked up some of these titles and they don't appear to have been on an MIR but I'm wondering whats the best way to get this product out of the stockroom and sold. I could mark it as repack under SIM to discount it but if there is a way to return the books, I would rather do that. I asked the receiver and he is on the look out for the phone number to ReaderLink but I'm not sure they can do anything.

Most stores have a ton of Dcoded or NOP video games. We mysupported all of ours. HQ wouldn't mark them down. We have them all on an endcap in electronics that just never empties.

As for books, you need to make sure that research is being done weekly in entertainment (or however often it appears in the task list, but at least weekly) and MIRs are being completed on time and shooting for green for OHs. What's most likely happened is that whoever is doing your MIRs is not in the habit of searching for titles that have no backroom locations and/or salesfloor locations. Once a year, HQ sends out a book clean up which may or may not take some of those titles off your hands. The only ones you should be marking down in SIM are the books that scan NOF. You should mysupport those and get in touch with readerlink to see what you can do about those.

As sigma7 suggested, MySupport it. HQ needs to either mark them down or MIR them.

When in doubt MySupport.
Just don't expect a fast answer.

And welcome to The Break Room.

Books should be sent back in MIR's and the Entertainment Scan.

As for Videogames... good luck! lol. When I first started, we used to have a regular endcap set up for all the D-code games. Then I figured out that this was impeading us from setting up all our salesplanners. So then I set up a bunch of sidecaps and flexed the heck out of the videogame cases as well so we would get our endcap back. Our ETL didn't like that and finally decided that we could have d-code games in the stockroom, as most were not selling down anyways. So we just have them flexed in open holes where other D-code games used to be.

My TL tried mysupporting this already, and mysupport said that it was "up to the vendors" what happened to the games. So I asked all three Videogame vendors, and they all told me there wasn't a thing they could do about it as far as marking anything down or getting rid of the games.

I believe Spot's official workaround for D-code games is the NOP pog for games on a back endcap. Problem with that is you still can't flex out all the games into that because it uses the videogame locking cases.

We keep our NOP video games located in a marked area in the electronics stockroom. Whenever we have an out in the games a title is pulled and flexed into the spot (assuming it is the same game system). We use a "flip" label holder with a generic label. The Instocks team scans the item UNDER the flip label (the item that actually belongs there) during research. This way our shelves stay full and our NOP is sold.

From the Target Memes thread...

BSTrMYN.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back