Stanley stainless mugs

Yes, they sell and aren't cheap. How do you all remove the coffee stains from your s/s mug? I have an old black and red checkerboard 16 oz s/s mug that needs a thorough cleaning. Coffee seriously stains s/s.

Doubt ice would do anything to remove stains. Denture tablets in hot water work fairly well but not completely. Isopropyl alcohol does nothing. Scrubbing with a bottle brush and Dawn w/ hot water is useless. May try the white vinegar and baking soda trick.

Doubt ice would do anything to remove stains. Denture tablets in hot water work fairly well but not completely. Isopropyl alcohol does nothing. Scrubbing with a bottle brush and Dawn w/ hot water is useless. May try the white vinegar and baking soda trick.
Ice cubes and rock salt.
It's how most restaurants clean their coffee pots.
Even when some idiot leaves the pot on the burner so the tiny bit of coffee in bottom turns into varnish, it still works.
Just swirl it around until the ice is melted.
Then wash it with Dawn dishsoap.

How about just table salt and ice cubes? Proportions? Add water? Sounds interesting and since you were/are in the restaurant business you know the tricks!

How about just table salt and ice cubes? Proportions? Add water? Sounds interesting and since you were/are in the restaurant business you know the tricks!

Table salt can work but it's better if you use something course like kosher salt or the kind that comes in grinders.
You don't need to add water.
Fill it about 3/4 with ice and add enough salt to make an even layer over the top then shake your moneymaker.
Go until the ice has melted most of the way down.
Toss it out, rinse it out first with cold water (you don't want to do a fast temp change) then hot and use the Dawn with a scrubby to get the last little bits off.

I interpret this procedure to be a mechanical scraping? Not chemical? Either way I will give it a shot. Thanks.

I interpret this procedure to be a mechanical scraping? Not chemical? Either way I will give it a shot. Thanks.

There is a sort of chemical reaction with the ice and salt.
Same thing that happens when you are using it to make ice cream.
It gets really cold, a lot colder than just the ice would make it.
And with the scrapping from the ice and salt it seems to do the job.

Might sound gross, but scouring powder like Comet works. I don't have a Stanley mug (and think the craze about them is kind of silly), but in a previous job, I had to scrub out one of those large coffee urns every Friday. It was disgusting but it worked and the interior of that thing practically sparkled. I used one of those janitorial closet utility sinks to do the job and rinsed it many times to make sure all the residue was gone. It was one of quite a few things I disliked about that job, but it was the early 80s and I was glad to have almost any job.

It may be a Stanley, I don't have it handy now, it's easily 30 yrs old and keeps coffee hot for hours. I blend Wegmans Colombian and Peets Major Dikason Dark.

Why are these so popular all of a sudden?

They have been around forever.
It’s nothing about the actual mug. It’s a status symbol. Just like Apple, Tesla, etc.

People find a color that speaks and resembles them and they want one because their friends have them.

The fad will die down eventually, just like the fate of Hydroflask. Just have to let people enjoy what they want to enjoy.

Why are these so popular all of a sudden?

They have been around forever.

It's funny.
My dad had a Stanley Thermos back in the 70's.
He got a new one for Christmas and I started taking his beat up old one to school with me.
I would make a mix of San Francisco Market Spice and pot tea.
While the rest of my classmates where having to go out in the cold to smoke in their cars or the forest across the street from the high school, I just sat in class drinking tea.

They're cool cups, but they spill way too easily if knocked over. I actually like the Simple Modern Trek ones. They have a closed off lid and a rubber seal around the straw. They had one with a Target logo as a "bullseye bucks" reward and I got one lol

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
I dont think people know that. But it seems all of TikTok is either giving instructions and encouraging crime, or super watering down symptoms of mental illness/developmental disorders to where they meaningless (you cried today but got over it, you must have bipolar disorder) and then encourage self diagnosing based on the watering down and say its cool to have one and its all personality anyway. Nothing good comes from TikTok. No one for example is raising awareness for animal shelters or human shelters or surviving natural disasters or preventing abuse. It all about stealing Hyundais and Kias and other crimes.

Is the public aware TikTok is a communist China entity, an information gathering resource with algorithms we can't even begin to imagine with frightening capabilities.
Yes. But the videos are funny, and can make you rich and famous, and aren't controlled by the US government (yet)

Is the public aware TikTok is a communist China entity, an information gathering resource with algorithms we can't even begin to imagine with frightening capabilities.

You mean like the frightening algorithms used by Facebook, YouTube i.e. Google and everything that comes with it, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitch i.e. Amazon and everything that comes with it, etc. etc.
The CCP is busy making themselves rich.
They haven't cared about communism for a very long time.
I'm a little more worried about Tencent Games and its efforts to acquire a piece of every gaming company and buy out the ones it can.
With physical media not being a thing anymore for games, I can see this country going completely mad if they shut off all access to AAA games.

You mean, like the very business you work for? Why do you think they push Target Circle and Red Cards so much? It's not just for customer loyalty, that's for damn sure, otherwise they wouldn't keep so many stores so severely understaffed.

Back