Stanley stainless mugs

You can also use lemons to clean your coffee cup, pot, whatever. I used lemons and rock salt to clean a stain on my daughters cutting board. It worked quite well.

Also, one of my co-workers at my other job said that Stanley will replace your worn out, dinged up, cup for free, if you contact them.
Only if it is damaged through normal use and has been properly taken care of. You also have to prove you purchased it from the official store or a verified vendor and have to offer proof it was damaged when used as intended, not from an accident or misuse. The warranty also is only active for 'the life of the product', which is rather vague.

Only if it is damaged through normal use and has been properly taken care of. You also have to prove you purchased it from the official store or a verified vendor and have to offer proof it was damaged when used as intended, not from an accident or misuse. The warranty also is only active for 'the life of the product', which is rather vague.
Years ago Sears bragged that they would replace any broken Craftsmen tool without a receipt.

The thing is that the replacement wasn't necessarily new.

Years ago Sears bragged that they would replace any broken Craftsmen tool without a receipt.

The thing is that the replacement wasn't necessarily new.
The ratchets were refurbished but all other hand tools were taken right off the salesfloor, brand new. I believe it was stated in the policy that the ratchets were refurbished, plus if they didn't have the right one the customer could get a new one.

Refurbished beats a broken one, I'd say, lol. Plus, no proof of purchase was necessary. From a customer standpoint it was one of the best warranties in the business.

Some bozo on social media thought it cute to refer to the Stanley stainless tumblers and mugs as a "Stanley Cup". There ought to be a special place in Hades for that bozo. Seattle is now a big hockey town with the Kraken, with some hockey merch, so this gets to be really frustrating when receiving incoming phone calls about a "new" "Stanley Cup". There ain't no such thing except for the NHL-trademarked Stanley Cup. Geesh!

Never saw one. It's a coffee mug, right? How much are they? The average American is an idiot.

I got a couple Yetis and a couple of Lincoln Outfitter (blaze orange and gun metal finish) branded cups from Rural King. I am set for insulated cups.

Came across this article on FB.

The comments are ridiculous.
Pro-TMs or pro-firing?

It's hard to have sympathy for those that got fired, as they really should know the policy. That being said, it would be a good idea for Target to require leaders to remind TMs of the policy regarding highly sought-after merchandise.

Pro-TMs or pro-firing?

It's hard to have sympathy for those that got fired, as they really should know the policy. That being said, it would be a good idea for Target to require leaders to remind TMs of the policy regarding highly sought-after merchandise.
I had store leadership that set groundrules like -
  1. Required TMs to wait at least an hour after opening or new stock was put on floor before they could purchase.
  2. TMs had to visit another store for high demand items.
  3. Or get permission from Lead if they could purcahse high demand items.
If you were caught buyng anything in high demand, you were put on CA. Buying in bulk, you were terminated.

I remember one of my stores had a seasonal team member purchase like game consoles and Tickle Me Elmos. Then would go into the parking lot and re-sell them out of their trunk for double the price.

Last edited:
I saw a pink Stanley on Ebay for $329.00 and shipping was extra. You can have my 30 yr old Thermos coffee-carrier for $100.00. Iconic black and red checker pattern like the old "scotch coolers" from the early '60s. It's a beautiful coffee mug.

That article is lacking some critical information. Did they ask the barista to hold the cups for them? Were they on shift or do anything sneaky to get them ahead of guests?

I think the prohibitions against in-demand items are stupid, as long as TMs follow the same rules as everyone else--don't shop on the clock (including ordering online), don't stash, or have anyone stash, the item where it can't be purchased by a guest, don't put stuff out right at the end of your shift expecting to pick it up right away, etc. etc. If you're essentially behaving like a guest when you get something, your status as a TM shouldn't be used against you.

I also genuinely don't get the fervor for these cups. Stanley has clearly licensed their name and accepted the brand dilution of these ugly-ass, tippy, poorly-insulated pieces of trash, but that's their business, I suppose.

This was the article I saw today, from Business Insider:

Business Insider: 7 Target workers fired after buying Stanley cups say they were caught off guard by the crackdown

EDIT: I don't know the circumstances of each individual situation, and there are definitely TMs that try to exploit and take advantage of things. As already mentioned, Target is well within their rights to make these terminations. But is it always the right call? I feel like some discretion and willingness to give a second try is important. But then again, we probably aren't hearing about all the TMs that did buy Stanley's, and were put on a CA, but not terminated. Maybe these few 7 are the exception and not the rule.

Back