DA vs CA

So I have been hearing about something called a "DA" disciplinary action, vs corrective action. That I never heard of before a year or 2 ago. Dont know any details on that just under the impression a DA is not as bad as a CA. What's the difference?

I only started hearing “DA” recently. As far as I can tell, a CA is for something that you need to improve (reliability, prod, quality, etc.) whereas a DA is for a one-off behavior (like getting caught with earbuds, “red-light moves”, etc.)
I could be way off, or it could be the other way around, not really sure as they never explained the change.

I only started hearing “DA” recently. As far as I can tell, a CA is for something that you need to improve (reliability, prod, quality, etc.) whereas a DA is for a one-off behavior (like getting caught with earbuds, “red-light moves”, etc.)
I could be way off, or it could be the other way around, not really sure as they never explained the change.
“red-light moves”

Explain

A red light move is DC term for submitting a move in the system to pull a trailer from a door without changing the dock light from green to red. Green inside means safe for TM to enter, leaving the light red outside, so the hostler knows to leave it alone. A red light to them is considered down time, as they cannot perform the ask. If they were to move the trailer anyway (been known to happen) bad things can happen to whoever may be inside the trailer or standing on the dock plate. The thing that sucks is clericals are called to submit moves all the time, with NO VISIBILITY of the light. Yet they can and will be held responsible since it was their ID in the system. Which is why I will never apply for a clerical or yard coordinator role, too much dependence on someone else changing those lights. people have been fired over red light moves in our DC.

I know there was one guy who was made a trainer, a few months before they made trainer a real role. Anyways then it was removed because he had a CA I guess they missed. Then they gave it back a few days later and told him no, he only had a DA and that was ok to still be trainer. LOL. That's part why I said I got the impression a DA was less severe.

I got talked to about putting a put in the wrong location. Om had his computer screen up. Is that a DA or a CA for me?…I mean for my friend🤪

Last edited:
Both lead to termination. A da is a one off event, like has been explained. A ca is trend based. Both type go ca/da, final, term. Both court to the three ca then next one you’re out rule too.

Its conduct CA's (or DA) vs performance CA's.

The issue is just how workday organizes them. Anything conduct goes under disciplinary action in workday, any thing perfomance goes under performance.

There's a portion of workday that TMs can't see on the back end that OMs and HR have access to for putting in notes and CAs and for some reason thats just how it differentiates the CAs.

Back