Damn.

StargazerOmega

Jack of All Trades - Front End
Just realized I hit compliance right after I left. It's been like 4 months since my last time (fourth in almost 6 years) should I expect a CCA my next shift?

You will be fined $1,000. You will be forced to listen to an endless loop recording of Taylor Swift's greatest hits. If they want to retain good people they should have the sense to overlook some of the silly shit that happens.

I wasn't even thinking about the time. There was an egg spill at SCO that I took care of and I wanted to wash my hands before touching the clock. So stupid.

Sorry that you hit compliance, it happens to most of us at one time or another, you are busy doing something and oops there you are. At my store you would get written up, but if you are in good standing otherwise and you don’t repeat it during your write-up period it’s pretty much a formality. Good luck!😁
Thank you. 🙂 I won't lose sleep over it, but I know a CCA is "technically" the next step. We'll see; and if I get one, so be it.

I have worked a lot of jobs that I punched a clock.

The fact that Target monitors this so closely means they must of gotten in trouble for this big time in the past.
It wasn't Target, I believe Walmart had a big lawsuit against them for not providing breaks to their employees. I was with Sears at the time and they started getting really strict about it.

Many states have laws regarding when breaks must be provided. Time clocks are tangible proof that a company is in compliance with labor laws.

You will be fined $1,000. You will be forced to listen to an endless loop recording of Taylor Swift's greatest hits. If they want to retain good people they should have the sense to overlook some of the silly shit that happens.
Labor laws. This has been covered here before. Companies can get in big trouble for not providing timely breaks to their employees.

The fact that Target monitors this so closely means they must of gotten in trouble for this big time in the past.

It wasn't Target, I believe Walmart had a big lawsuit against them for not providing breaks to their employees. I was with Sears at the time and they started getting really strict about it.
This.
Target watched & learned from the mistakes that Walmart made so they err very much on the side of caution. Those stores that DON'T follow will be dealt with harshly. They DON'T like paying fines for things that can be avoided; like carding for age-restricted merch, meal compliance, WIC/foodstamp violations, etc.

Fnerally unless its a constant issue or 3 times in a row they juat make you sign the paper and do the finger wagging tutut crap. You will be fine just pay a little closer attention if your clicking off before a lunch make sure to give yourself a 10 min cushion for stops by guests and such.

And yes this stems from Walmart years ago making people work through lunches, work off the clock, and generally breaking every labor law they could thinking they wouldnt get ratted out for it.

Back