Archived Dary breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious about how other stores process Dary from their FDC trucks. Forever, my store has been pulling all of the Dary palettes to the cooler where then one or two people break it down onto flats and green carts while the rest of the team is off working frozen. Lately my ETL has been wanting to try and change the process by breaking it down like we break down our frozen loads. It was....convoluted to say the least, but it did make me question if there were any other stores out there that have a really good process for it.

My FDC team generally while working frozen I have 1 guy that breaks down Dairy on the inside of the cooler. Takes some time but with the pallets the way they are right now, they need the time. By the time frozen is done there is 2 on the inside of the Dairy cooler, 1 is working juice the other working yogurt. Everyone else works the outside stuff. This helps to keep you within your time constraints that your given.

When our food truck arrives I have 2 people pulling pallets to produce, 1 to take meat pallets and the egg pallet. The dairy is broken down just like frozen, by how it is represented on the floor. They are taken immediately to the dairy cooler. For our team it is much more efficient to break it down just like frozen. We work the frozen first and then finish with dairy. From start to finish including pulls we take 3 hours to complete our trucks with 6 team members. (Usually 3 dairy pallets, 5-6 frozen)

When our food truck arrives I have 2 people pulling pallets to produce, 1 to take meat pallets and the egg pallet. The dairy is broken down just like frozen, by how it is represented on the floor. They are taken immediately to the dairy cooler. For our team it is much more efficient to break it down just like frozen. We work the frozen first and then finish with dairy. From start to finish including pulls we take 3 hours to complete our trucks with 6 team members. (Usually 3 dairy pallets, 5-6 frozen)

My ETL's and TL's are trying to break it down like Frozen now as well, but it just didn't seem to make sense because it results in Frozen taking longer to work because you have people pulled away from working frozen, breaking dairy down. That's why I even brought this discussion to this forum, because there has to be a better way. Right now we just throw it in the cooler and have 1-2 ppl break it down while everyone is working frozen so by the time frozen is done, we have dairy to actually work. The day we broke down dairy though, we were 10-15 minutes behind because we were down 2-3 TM's and a TL that were off breaking down Dairy when they could have/should have been working frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back