Archived Dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
For every rule, there is an exception. I had an ETL that was married to a TL in my store. He was ETL LOG and she was a GSTL. They rarely worked at the same time. Even so.... They were always professional. Quite a few TMs had no clue they were even married. Usually it can only end up bad. If things no work out it can be very uncomfortable for everyone. But as much time as we all spend there, things are bound to happen.

Even if you are not directly supervising someone, at a Target store you still will be able to impact things in their favor. For example, when I was a TL we always went over every TM in the store at our monthly TL meetings. I had certain TMs I was friends with, and always said that I had nothing to say about them during the meetings to avoid a conflict of interest. Unfortunately, not everyone does that....

Even if you are not directly supervising someone, at a Target store you still will be able to impact things in their favor. For example, when I was a TL we always went over every TM in the store at our monthly TL meetings. I had certain TMs I was friends with, and always said that I had nothing to say about them during the meetings to avoid a conflict of interest. Unfortunately, not everyone does that....

This makes me wonder why my store is having weekly TL meetings.

"Red & Khaki" coming this fall to NBC.

This preview has been sponsored by Target. "Santa has elves, you have us"

-----------------

On a serious note, I know a ETL-AP who was fired after he was caught doing something on the clock (In the AP office, of all places)...

We just fired a TPS for going at it with a tm in the maintenance room lol

Sorry for replying to old message but I would like to share with the team. I was cashing out a guest, who was buying three items, the third of which was that 36-pack of Assorted Durex. I'm a mom-looking female, if not a grandma. He was a hipster-looking dude. When he attempted to decline my introduction of the benefits of the Red Card, which I am sure to introduce to all guests, I held the family planning package above my head and threatened to not put it in the bag unless he opened a Red Card. Fortunately everyone in the line plus the guest thought this was funny.

Sorry for replying to old message but I would like to share with the team. I was cashing out a guest, who was buying three items, the third of which was that 36-pack of Assorted Durex. I'm a mom-looking female, if not a grandma. He was a hipster-looking dude. When he attempted to decline my introduction of the benefits of the Red Card, which I am sure to introduce to all guests, I held the family planning package above my head and threatened to not put it in the bag unless he opened a Red Card. Fortunately everyone in the line plus the guest thought this was funny.

Way to go! :D And you may want to change your username - we're an anonymous bunch.

The two best people on our Flow/BR team are a couple. The work relationship thing can work, but in my experience this is a rare occurrence. I've seen some ugly stuff at other jobs.

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical about dating within work... I prefer just being friends with co-workers ;)

while we're on this topic still, maybe someone could answer me this:
in two scenarios:
1) TM + Pharmacy ETL, no no in the same store? I assume so but Pharmacy is kind of it's own land.
2) TL + Pharmacy ETL? I still assume no.

I only wonder because my bf, who I met through spot surprisingly, could someday be a Pharmacy ETL. I hope to move up the chain but in case I don't I'd like to plan accordingly if we have to work separate stores.

while we're on this topic still, maybe someone could answer me this:
in two scenarios:
1) TM + Pharmacy ETL, no no in the same store? I assume so but Pharmacy is kind of it's own land.
2) TL + Pharmacy ETL? I still assume no.

I only wonder because my bf, who I met through spot surprisingly, could someday be a Pharmacy ETL. I hope to move up the chain but in case I don't I'd like to plan accordingly if we have to work separate stores.

Even though Pharmacy is sort of its own world, the basic policy of "ETL + lower-than-ETL = no-no" should still apply; even though an ETL-Rx will never be LOD, he's still above any TM/TL in the store and all the potential problems still exist.

That being said, as several people have pointed out, there are exceptions to every policy, including this one, as long as things go smoothly and nobody causes any trouble. I suspect that if any ETL is going to fall into that category of "not causing a problem, let's just let it slide," it's most likely to be an ETL-Rx.

Last edited:
Even though Pharmacy is sort of its own world, the basic policy of "ETL + lower-than-ETL = no-no" should still apply; even though an ETL-Rx will never be LOD, he's still above any TM/TL in the store and all the potential problems still exist.

That being said, as several people have pointed out, there are exceptions to every policy, including this one, as long as things go smoothly and nobody causes any trouble. I suspect that if any ETL is going to fall into that category of "not causing a problem, let's just let it slide," it's most likely to be an ETL-Rx.

People, people - I've never been in a job, Target included, where a higher management person is strictly forbidden to date those of lesser position than them. The ranks don't matter. What matters is conflict of interest. If you are the direct reporting official for a person you are dating or married to, there is an obvious conflict of interest. Otherwise, there is not. THAT is what matters.

To add to this, do ETL-interns count as ETL's as far as dating? We get some FINE interns at our store, but I've (so far) resisted the urge, assuming that they were looked on as ETL's

To add to this, do ETL-interns count as ETL's as far as dating? We get some FINE interns at our store, but I've (so far) resisted the urge, assuming that they were looked on as ETL's

Do they have brains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back