Archived DC Internship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone here who has done an Operations internship at a DC or has knowledge about it?

What exactly do they do, is it basically just following a manager around the whole time you’re there or do they give you projects to work on?

What’s the hourly pay for DC interns (specifically California locations if possible)?

And lastly, is there a pretty decent conversion rate of going from the internship to a job offer at the end if the internship went well?

I’ll take any information on this that I can get.

Thanks in advance!!

Are you currently working with target? I work with at a dc as a team member, cross trained in clerical and other fields as well as being groomed /trained for an om (operations manager) turn over rate is high as well as the expectations I’ve recently changed my mind and looking into a transfer /promotion to a store instead but feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have

Are you currently working with target? I work with at a dc as a team member, cross trained in clerical and other fields as well as being groomed /trained for an om (operations manager) turn over rate is high as well as the expectations I’ve recently changed my mind and looking into a transfer /promotion to a store instead but feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have
Thanks, do you know anything about the internships they offer at dc?

Thanks, do you know anything about the internships they offer at dc?

Be aware that "nofit" has been "grooming" for an OM position for years now and that they're basically using him to do the bitch work while he gets paid the same. With that being said, I've seen roughly 20 interns come in and 1 maybe 2 took a job after seeing how it is. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Screenshot this and come back later and tell me I was right if you end up doing it.

At my building we have a pretty decent rate of turning interns over into full time OMs. I have no idea what the pay is but warehouse workers here cap around 45k w/o overtime and OMs start in the mid 60s so if I had to hazard a guess I would say somewhere in between. I'm in a similar position to nofit where they talk around in circles about promoting me but never actually do anything. It'll be way easier for you to become an OM as an intern than for a team member.

At my building we have a pretty decent rate of turning interns over into full time OMs. I have no idea what the pay is but warehouse workers here cap around 45k w/o overtime and OMs start in the mid 60s so if I had to hazard a guess I would say somewhere in between. I'm in a similar position to nofit where they talk around in circles about promoting me but never actually do anything. It'll be way easier for you to become an OM as an intern than for a team member.
Agreed. They have the tm to om meetings and will be doing so every 6 months but it’s all for show. Those that go and are in the “program” are just target puppets. “Say this at the atm”, “go to this building goals meeting”. All to string you along. Oh well.

Our building has had numberous interns hired on. Even not so good ones were hired on to become not so good om’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back