DC Job Change

I'm currently a packer working nights and weekends. I'm switching to breakpack and my letter says I will no longer receive the differential shift pay. Is that a typo? Has anyone else went through a DC job change and see that? I'll definitely be talking to HR about that cause it pretty much defeats the purpose of changing to a higher paying position and not getting the shift differential will put me basically at the same pay as before. I'll be on the same exact key too so it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Is it worded as $xx.xx will be your new rate excluding shift differential or something similar? I think it’s just a generic offer sheet that they just fill in whatever the base pay is, so it may just be oddly worded.
Everyone gets the shift differential on A1/A2 & B2/B3 so I would think it’s just a wording issue on the sheet.

Yea that's what i think the deal is too. Just a generic page given to everyone because it mentions enjoying my new OM and key when I will be on the same shift and have the same OM. Thanks for the help!

Back