Archived DC mass hiring seems shady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I just went in to my local DC for what I thought was a 1 on 1 interview, and it ended up being part of a mass hiring event. I got offered a job in the warehouse, but it seemed like pretty much everyone(around 500 people)did, and it fees like I am walking into a huge trap. Does anyone here have experience with getting hired on at one these events, and do they usually just take anyone and evryone on?

They have had a few mass hiring events at my store and it seems like they do take everyone and most end up no call no showing or not working out so I don't know why they keep doing it and wasting everyone's time since hours are given to the people that never show up.

Sometimes they have several stores/DCs that have a lot of slots to fill so they may group together for a mass hire.
During my time at spot we had three such events: one for a new store opening near us, a sister store down the road & for our own store.

Do they normally then layoff right after the busy season? Or do people eventually get walked out for various reasons?

What's starting pay at a Target DC?
Outbound, Warehouse, Inbound and MBP all pay the same. Start pay is somewhere in the 15-17$/hr ballpark, depending on your state. Packing is a little less, in the 11-14$ range, or thereabouts. A2 and B2 get a shift differential. Overall, between having slightly more hours than A-keys, the shift diff and extended shift opportunities, B2-key usually has the highest take home.

Keep in mind though that these are all generalities.

dabeastfromtheeast, Apr 24, 2016

Do they normally then layoff right after the busy season? Or do people eventually get walked out for various reasons?
Eh, yes and no. If you're hired full-time, there's no contract period after which they release you, but you can be walked out if you don't meet productivity, don't follow BP/safety, etc. Seasonals, however, do have a contract period (8 weeks I think?), after which their dept. will review whether they need additional bodies and possibly hire a few of those seasonals into full-time status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back