What does a DC Asset Protection Manager Do?

I saw a job posting for a Management role in a Distribution center. Can anyone tell me what a day in the life of that job looks like and if its easy to get promoted? I know for retail stores asset protection people apprehend suspects stealing things. I'm assuming its the same for a warehouse but a management role to me seems more to do with metrics and ensuring crisis preparedness of your team rather than actually apprehending people. I read the job description but I may be incorrectly figuring it is easier than what it seems. Any relevant input is appreciated, even if its just observations of a someone that holds that title.

you will get hired if you know some one/related to someone that works in AP or managemen.🤬 true story.
At my dc this Bozo‘s brother was SR AP moved to Om….. his brother is a fucking dumbass….got the job🤷🏼‍♀️

Judging by the amount of empty food, drink, & product containers we receive on trucks from FDC's & RDC's, theft is a pretty common thing in the DC. Leaders just submit trailer issue reports and let them deal with it.

you will get hired if you know some one/related to someone that works in AP or managemen.🤬 true story.
At my dc this Bozo‘s brother was SR AP moved to Om….. his brother is a fucking dumbass….got the job🤷🏼‍♀️
Complete opposite happened at our DC. This dude literally got turned down because his brothers BABY MAMA works AP on a whole different shift and they said that was too close of an associate. I told him how much of a dumbass he was for even telling them that but nonetheless he’s still just in Warehouse. Crazy really

Back