Mass Vacation Form

I submitted my form the day I got it. It had the correct number of total vacation hours. Several weeks later, we received our forms back. Mine was signed blank with a big X indicating I applied for nothing.

Apparently, subsequent forms were given out with "corrected" vacation hours. My total vacation hours now totaled more than that which I saw on my payslips. It was a difference of less than 12 hrs more. I really could not care less about that.

What upsets me is that the OM already submitted the calendar, so now I'm on the wait-list.

I'm just confused as to how the subsequent, form that did not match my true vacation hours, is legit. I just want my vacation man : (

Go to HR and fight like hell is your only option. But yes you were supposed to submit the second form as the first was errant. Unless you were gone every day after they handed out the new ones they probably wont listen too much.

They did the same at my DC, gave out the forms and a few weeks later new ones with updated hours.
Our OM's said it didnt matter which one we filled out, and I filled out the original one and they had no issues processing it and got my vacations approved.

Same thing happened in our building with the forms. If the HR copy shows the original dates requested than they will look at your seniority and plug you in to honor what should have been approved. If it doesn’t, you’re going to be SOL, HR did not manage the process, they can only use the forms they were given to verify. with all the recent hiring, I don’t think they were clear enough to make sure TM understood that the vacation time must be there to honor the approvals, otherwise many that constantly call in, schedule down, VLE, are in for a rude awakening when they come back to getting hits because not enough vacation.

Back