Archived DC Strike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told this morning that there was a pending strike that could be taking place in the DC that supplies our store. Apparently we has been allotted an overabundance of flow hours on the newest schedule to deal with bigger trucks coming in. Target's reasoning is that they will load up our store with as much product as possible to make up for a potential dry period if the DC employees walk. I haven't found any other information about this online and as wondering if anyone here has heard anything about it or if it's a load of crazy rumors.

I don't know about that, but all our TL are getting O/T to deal with BTS backstock.

Was this all DCs or just yours? I've been hearing some funky stuff about our also. They supposedly cut like 30-40% of the outbound team and dispatch.

I know there making some changes with the DCs, but I haven't heard anything about strikes. Most likely the reason you are getting more freight and more trucks is because of increased sales during Back-to-School.

Was this all DCs or just yours? I've been hearing some funky stuff about our also. They supposedly cut like 30-40% of the outbound team and dispatch.
Well now I know why IS is only shooting research 3 days/week.
3 research days a week is supposed to be part of the 4x4 instock process. Our instock team was told that it would significantly cut their work load, and enable them to focus on problem areas.

Load of crap. 4x4 is never done right, and all the 3 day research window has done is give me headaches. Our BR TL oversaw the rollout (ETL-Log is fucking useless) and told me to my face that I was not allowed to do research for my own department anymore (CTL). She went so far as to tell me I'm banned from even touching stand alone research.

I used to be able to research the U by myself in twenty minutes, now I have to shoot outs everyday, and hope flow actually bothered backstocking freezer the one day it's 100% necessary for accurate counts.

And BRTL wonders why my FDC trucks have been light the last few months, and why my department comp is on a downward trend.

@Gulfcoast I'm not sure why they won't let you do your own research... At my store we follow the research schedule and instock routines but we also research areas after they have been 4x4'd. This only makes sense because that is the best time to do it when the area is perfect.

But I am curious on why they chose only 2 days for research and the rest for outs... Does anyone know why it's setup this way??

@Gulfcoast I'm not sure why they won't let you do your own research... At my store we follow the research schedule and instock routines but we also research areas after they have been 4x4'd. This only makes sense because that is the best time to do it when the area is perfect.

But I am curious on why they chose only 2 days for research and the rest for outs... Does anyone know why it's setup this way??

BR TL said, and I quote, "Research is only to be shot on Tuesday and Wednesday, period."

I still research my salesplanners after they've been filled. She complains daily, and I'm pretty sure she's been bitching to our STL about it.

Oh, and we're not allowed to sub999 to reset accumulators. I asked her about that at one point and she went absolutely ballistic on me.

She's also 100% positive that her teams needs a minimum of two lpdas, preferably three, because flexible fulfillment, "is built to use lpdas, and doesn't really work on gun style pdas".

Joke's on her though. I know that she's been hiding equipment and allowing a morning side tm to take an lpda home so he doesn't have to wait in line like everyone else.

My store is REALLY dysfunctional.

Seems like you got a strict BR TL. The only part I agree with is the FF LPDA's, the large ones don't vibrate on alerts.

I'm all for TLs and specialty TMs doing research as long as they investigate an item before zeroing it out (i.e. check endcaps, sidecaps, strays, pulls, and check stockroom for unlocated product). I definitely don't like when people go crazy changing counts causing truck sizes to increase with freight we already have.

It seems like there is a lot of stores that prohibit the use of SUBT9999, I think it's because they don't understand why it's necessary. As long as it's used properly when you are 100% sure an item is backstock, it helps reduce unnecessary workload.

Why doesn't she just label 2 LPDA's for FF, instead of taking them home. If someone takes it, you can easily look it up to see who last signed it out.

Seems like you got a strict BR TL. The only part I agree with is the FF LPDA's, the large ones don't vibrate on alerts.

I'm all for TLs and specialty TMs doing research as long as they investigate an item before zeroing it out (i.e. check endcaps, sidecaps, strays, pulls, and check stockroom for unlocated product). I definitely don't like when people go crazy changing counts causing truck sizes to increase with freight we already have.

It seems like there is a lot of stores that prohibit the use of SUBT9999, I think it's because they don't understand why it's necessary. As long as it's used properly when you are 100% sure an item is backstock, it helps reduce unnecessary workload.

Why doesn't she just label 2 LPDA's for FF, instead of taking them home. If someone takes it, you can easily look it up to see who last signed it out.

The vibrating alerts are useful, but wholly unnecessary, as long as you have at least one person logged in as an ETL-LOD (which is what TLs at my store are trained to do when they have equipment). It's just a simple call to backroom at that point. My problem was that she tried to bullshit me about MyFA being unusable on guns because it was specifically built for LPDAs.

Equipment is the primary issue, or lack thereof. If she wants one of our five lpdas, that's fine. The issue arises when we have:

One lpda perpetually out for repair
One for GSTL
One for LOD
And two for FF

Our dwindling supply of gun pdas are usually held by specialty tms and backroom, who aren't logged into the proper credentials to get compliance alerts.

Not too mention the five gun pdas she hides for her morning side backroom tms, which mysteriously disappear at the end of their shifts. We're in an equipment crunch, and can't afford to have pdas and lpdas assigned to specific tms.

Oh, and the lpda the tm takes home was "missed" during our last equipment audit, so it's login info is never pulled because it's assumed to have walked off or otherwise been totally lost. Not like anyone actually bothers pulling login info anyways.

I'm DC-side and have heard nothing of strikes ongoing, not that that means that there aren't any that are/might happen.
They are axing dispatch (though they have been offered either positions elsewhere in the DC or severance packs) and minimizing AP. What will happen is they'll have AP also act as Dispatch, controlling the entire building from the yard and several control rooms. Outbound has not been affected.

I'm DC-side and have heard nothing of strikes ongoing, not that that means that there aren't any that are/might happen.
They are axing dispatch (though they have been offered either positions elsewhere in the DC or severance packs) and minimizing AP. What will happen is they'll have AP also act as Dispatch, controlling the entire building from the yard and several control rooms. Outbound has not been affected.
(Bolding mine.)
So they're reducing AP and giving them more work to do? Yep, sounds like Target.

Despite is sounding par for the course of Target, it isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. AP is only being reduced by ~25%. Some tasks normally done by AP are now being performed by the GLs. AP is getting some new tech, both for controlling the yard and keeping in contact with the gates/radio/outside phone lines. A lot of what dispatch does now is going to relegated to a team who controls dispatch issues for several DCs, instead of each DC dealing with their own issues. We've already started the transition, and it appears to be going pretty smoothly so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back