DC warehouse work

All of our stuff is yale. I've checked the settings on the SP's when slow but they're all set to 6.4mph I had one that would only get up to 4.7mph and probably only 1mph if the wheel wasn't straight. That was a slow night. Seems like these things only get maintenance when something breaks.
I feel sorry for you. We had some Yale stuff as a test run but the cables & chains on the order pickers looked more exposed, the triples seemed like they would run you into an aisle post because the turning control was not tight nor smooth, and the reach trucks were slow and clunky. I lift up my foot on the Crown RR during rack puts for plugging but the Yale didn't plug. It just dead stopped and kicked like a mule. I also noticed when the forks reach their highest point it would suddenly stop violently and rain stuff down off the pallet but some of the crowns did this too so there might be a setting to fix this. We had some Yales for a while but thank goodness they're all gone now. I've worked with sit down Yale forklifts and they are a decent machine but these stand ups seemed inferior to Crown equivalents.

I figured spot corp had a company wide contract with Crown but since you have Yales, I guess each DC can make their own decisions. Interesting.

Yeah, we had a couple of Yales for a while at my building. I never used one of the RRs, the SP was ok though I prefer the crown SP controls, the PRT would slide a bit if you turned too fast, and the foot pedals were super sensitive so you couldn't shift your weight around much without it stopping.

I heard we sent all the Yale stuff to one DC so we didn't have mixed brands, glad it wasn't my building =P

Now we have gotten pretty much all new crown equipment. Though we have tons of extra SPs and RRs always sitting around, IB is always short on RCs still it seems.

Yeah, we had a couple of Yales for a while at my building. I never used one of the RRs, the SP was ok though I prefer the crown SP controls, the PRT would slide a bit if you turned too fast, and the foot pedals were super sensitive so you couldn't shift your weight around much without it stopping.

I heard we sent all the Yale stuff to one DC so we didn't have mixed brands, glad it wasn't my building =P

Now we have gotten pretty much all new crown equipment. Though we have tons of extra SPs and RRs always sitting around, IB is always short on RCs still it seems.
Check non con. Our ib non con team has 7 down there consistently.

we had a few Yale pieces to try for a fall season or something. The rc’s were tanks. Huge in comparison to the new version crown rc’s.
I know that the South Carolina dc/sfrdc have yale equipment.

Back