Archived DCI questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

Produce Peon
Lately our store has been doing double FDC trucks because one DC is closing down. Our push/cut reports aren't reflecting actual deliveries. For example, they say they will push 16 cases of watermelons but we only get two. Upon further inspection I'm finding entire departments not listed on the DCI (224 completely missing, even though we received tomatoes/potatoes). Some of the 211 is listed, some is not. Makes ordering very difficult unless we manage to backstock the entire produce department before the order - with MyTime scheduling this is becoming a rare event.

What happens when entire pallets are missing off of the DCI? The sticker on the pallet matches our store. My management is turning deaf ears (who wouldn't, I guess - free product!). How does this effect our inventory numbers? Is it charged at a later time or can I safely sweep it under the rug?

The quickest and easiest way is to verify each item coming off the truck to the manifest from the driver, then compare it to your order for orderable items. Do you see any discrepancies in your onhands? When you acknowledge the trailer it will only bring the items that are on in invoice from the FDC.... Is this a target FDC? or from C&S wholesalers?? If you see a discrepancy in on-hands this is a BIG issue and your leaders even the TL needs to partner with your Food Busniess Partner and/or Market Sales Leader.

Keep the pallet ID sticker and all that for missing pallets. You need to let the DC know what is happening. There's a form on workbench I think, but a phone call to the DC can get you started in the right direction.

Really, the only thing I would know to do is pull up the DCI summary for that truck and walk your pallets looking for any notable discrepancies and send them up.

With TINV coming up in a couple of weeks you should expect to end up having a lot of audits and some follow up emails. Good news though is that you won't be running with severely inflated or understated numbers for long. But it will end up being the DC that eats the cost, not your store.

As far as orders, you're going to have to walk your coolers and know what you have so that you don't over order or under order anything. You won't be able to trust the system until after TINV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back