Dear Corporate...

Before everything. Rarely will there be cartwheels on those items though as they try to avoid overlap. Also before taxes.
I usually have at least one guest a week who loses it because they think that they have met the requirements, and then fall short because taxes don't count. And no, you can't buy a candy bar to make up the difference, unless candy bars are part of the promo (99.9 repeating% of the time, they aren't)

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I usually have at least one guest a week who loses it because they think that they have met the requirements, and then fall short because taxes don't count. And no, you can't buy a candy bar to make up the difference, unless candy bars are part of the promo (99.9 repeating% of the time, they aren't)
Target can't do easy sales. Just call it 5% off you assholes. Not, "Free $10 giftcard when you buy products in a blue package and are 12.5 ounces and have 3 vowels in the name."

Targetpirate

Dead tired!
Dear corporate shame on you for not promoting from inside Target and going outside for new TL'S that have never shopped in a Target before. You have TM that have been with You for decades and are now not qualified to work in areas that thay have been for years and have to train the new ones that are taking their jobs SHAME ON YOU!

Dear corporate shame on you for not promoting from inside Target and going outside for new TL'S that have never shopped in a Target before. You have TM that have been with You for decades and are now not qualified to work in areas that thay have been for years and have to train the new ones that are taking their jobs SHAME ON YOU!
This. Just this. If I had a penny for every person I trained who has gone on to be promoted over me, I wouldn't need to work again.

My store is small and every year we would lose leadership positions due to restructuring needs from higher up. We've had a handful of STLs over those years, all of which were outside hires. However, nearly all remaining positions that were open where filled with internal promotions. In the near decade that our store has been open, I could count the amount of external hires for leadership on one hand, and it's been mostly STLs.

This year, we gained a lot of leadership roles with modernization. And the SD is actually an internal promotion for the first time. They have been interviewing lot of team members for the available roles, but sadly, most of them just aren't there yet to take on the new responsibilities. So, while a few have been filled my promotion, the other half are still being determined through recruitment.

Corporate's role in filling store level positions is nearly non-existent. It's at the store director's discretion to hire the appropriate people to fill the roles in their store. If your store is not promoting, it's not because corporate says not to promote. Sometimes, people just don't apply for open positions. I've been asked on a few occasions to step up. I've passed in the past. This year, I accepted the opportunity. If you're not being asked, there's probably a reason. Don't assume other people aren't being asked. They may be passing on the opportunity to interview.

This. Just this. If I had a penny for every person I trained who has gone on to be promoted over me, I wouldn't need to work again.
If I had a penny for every person I trained that just up and quit - or they completely sucked at the job, but coasted by until quitting...... I would be able to quit, too!

/slight exaggeration, but not by much.

Dear Corporate;

Stop playing stupid little games, you aren't small children and you're too old for Hide and Seek. Admit that "modernization" is all about slashing hours, quit trying to hide that it is, and bring back specialization. The military functions well because everyone is specialized (do you really want your 92G cook jumping into the cockpit of an Apache?), building construction functions well because people are specialized, that is how the world works efficiently. You want to cut hours, fine, just be open about it because everyone already sees it. Don't destroy whatever water treading stores can do by throwing specialty skills into a blender on puree. It's almost like you are trying to drive the company to bankruptcy so someone you handpicked can purchase it cheaply and make a fortune by liquidizing the assets.

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
Dear Corporate;

Stop playing stupid little games, you aren't small children and you're too old for Hide and Seek. Admit that "modernization" is all about slashing hours, quit trying to hide that it is, and bring back specialization. The military functions well because everyone is specialized (do you really want your 92G cook jumping into the cockpit of an Apache?), building construction functions well because people are specialized, that is how the world works efficiently. You want to cut hours, fine, just be open about it because everyone already sees it. Don't destroy whatever water treading stores can do by throwing specialty skills into a blender on puree. It's almost like you are trying to drive the company to bankruptcy so someone you handpicked can purchase it cheaply and make a fortune by liquidizing the assets.
^This! After the golden parachutes, of course...