Corporate Dear Corporate...

In 4 years and 4 months I never missed a shift or was late once.

Ask me what that got me. Go on - ask!

giphy.gif

What a waste!🙄
I agree it's a waste. But I've often wondered if they don't have this as a policy to prevent TMs from "slightly damaging" things on purpose, with the idea of then being able to buy it at a deep discount or just get it for free. Sounds stupid, but I bet it's happened.
(I will confess to y'all that I've been tempted to accidentally on purpose slice into a bag of Hershey Kisses while opening a case. "Oh darn, chocolate for everyone in the break room!" But it'd just get defected out, so why bother.)

Dear corporate...

You remind me of my ex-wife... kinda nutty.

My store does sell tree displays after Christmas is over. Last couple years ETL-log has marked them down to 20 bucks just to get rid of them.

We're already selling display trees. I told a guest no to one tree only to have a TM five minutes later sell a different display tree.

Communication, people. COMMUNICATION.

Dear corporate: I just went to WALMART (yeah I know) and I noticed something. They carry a LOT of product, and pretty much every UPC has multiple facings, stocked all the way back on those deep ass shelves. Target shelves look really stupid by comparison, aside from lots of holes, our shelves are small and shallow and basically it looks like a store in one of those Soviet shitholes that can’t keep anything in stock because there is no stock to send. Imagine being a big corporation with billions of dollars and still unable to capitalism properly 😂

Dear corporate: I just went to WALMART (yeah I know) and I noticed something. They carry a LOT of product, and pretty much every UPC has multiple facings, stocked all the way back on those deep ass shelves. Target shelves look really stupid by comparison, aside from lots of holes, our shelves are small and shallow and basically it looks like a store in one of those Soviet shitholes that can’t keep anything in stock because there is no stock to send. Imagine being a big corporation with billions of dollars and still unable to capitalism properly 😂
If you're in a remodeled / newly built store this is especially noticeable and done purposefully. I worked overnight for my stores remodel and all the planograms we set essentially gutted all but one facing for most products. And we purposefully fucking obliterated our movie and cd section to the point where all the product that people actually want is NOP stuff in the back lmao.

Anyone happen to know what percentage of Target's profits go into people's salaries?

Anyone happen to know what percentage of Target's profits go into people's salaries?

The profits wouldn't go into salaries.
Profits are after all costs to the company including labor are paid.
From what I can tell from their stockholders report last year Spot paid $142,780,000.00 for labor.
That really doesn't sound right to me so I'd appreciate if someone could check that.
Otherwise Spot spent hell of a lot more on stupid shit then they do their people.

Dear Corporate-

Why cut payroll 2 weeks BEFORE Christmas? Double trucks on a skeleton crew makes for grumpy ass tm's. How you be fiscally responsible is not to set a ridiculous goal for seasonal tm's only to fire them after Thanksgiving and cut payroll when it makes sense (In January at 7pm, March at 11 am)

The profits wouldn't go into salaries.
Profits are after all costs to the company including labor are paid.
From what I can tell from their stockholders report last year Spot paid $142,780,000.00 for labor.
That really doesn't sound right to me so I'd appreciate if someone could check that.
Otherwise Spot spent hell of a lot more on stupid shit then they do their people.

ask and you shall receive ;-)

1545201174573.png

Dear Corporate,

You're turning Target into the worst kind of Walmart experience. Unstacked shelves at opening time & NO WAY to know where an item might be in the disorganized & cluttered backrooms full of U-Boats waiting for their turn on the floor to block aisles while guests try to shop and small kids are running around.

Having inbound team members on the floor to greet guests doesn't make up for the fact that guests aren't coming in for a "Hello," they are coming in to BUY something.

NOT great by 8:00 anymore & NEVER great anymore. Unstocked & unzoned & uninspired. NOT fast. NOT fun. But friendly. Guests are NOT coming to Target for "friends."

Dear Corporate,

You're turning Target into the worst kind of Walmart experience. Unstacked shelves at opening time & NO WAY to know where an item might be in the disorganized & cluttered backrooms full of U-Boats waiting for their turn on the floor to block aisles while guests try to shop and small kids are running around.

Having inbound team members on the floor to greet guests doesn't make up for the fact that guests aren't coming in for a "Hello," they are coming in to BUY something.

NOT great by 8:00 anymore & NEVER great anymore. Unstocked & unzoned & uninspired. NOT fast. NOT fun. But friendly. Guests are NOT coming to Target for "friends."
Still waiting to see the inbound team members interacting with guests.

Dear Corporate, Staying open this week till midnight has been a bust. We had a total of one guest after 11 pm last night. Of course, they wait until we close to go and check out. The store paid more out in payroll than they made in sales.
I hope you all push toys for that extra hour and reshop better be clean.

Back