Defecting before inventory

The way I ran inventory was always avoiding loss in margins You do that by making sure your price change labels are activated and up, pull and ship all ir, send all your salvage crc to sweep ( I know most stores won’t have truck/trucks the day of inventory but I do). When they get to items that are online or re-wrap it will be a sku check , put it down in the financial with the $$ ( and only after that you can put it in the compactor for all I care😉) in other words let it go to be counted and added to the financial before you defect and get nada

Online only is not used to decide if the remove from inventory. Only if the item is legal to sell at your store. There are cases that online items are legal to sell.

Online only is not used to decide if the remove from inventory. Only if the item is legal to sell at your store. There are cases that online items are legal to sell.
I don't know what you mean. I just follow the prompts on the Zebra. If it lets me defect it by taking it out of inventory, then I do.

I don't know what you mean. I just follow the prompts on the Zebra. If it lets me defect it by taking it out of inventory, then I do.

This is what we have been told to do. If it doesn’t have a store location in the zebra, defect it out as there’s no place to put it.

Is this another ASANTS?

You are following process as far as I can tell. If the item is not damaged but you just want to get rid of it, and the remove from store option is presented, then that is correct.

I was replying to thIs.
But it won’t do it for online only items . Which creates loss in $$

'online only' has about four thousand meanings in the inventory removal world.

I was just saying that we don't look at 'online only' for displaying the "remove from store" popup.

2 months out, you start marking down online stuff dramatically!! the price delegate you have in you area, empower them to mark it down!! fill them in to why too! from 3 weeks out start considering defecting out your As-Is/Online, If it's not going to sell at 90% no matter get rid of it! If you can retain the item (decor usually) and sell it for cheap and get a happy guest, a.k.a good NPS then mark it down!! 1 week out get rid of it all, then by inventory day you should only have a few items to get rid of. Fill that GAYLORD!!!!

1 week out get rid of it all, then by inventory day you should only have a few items to get rid of. Fill that GAYLORD!!!!
Didn’t they announce Gaylord salvages are not best practice anymore?
I thought it would create a financial loss when using gaylords for salvage.

Didn’t they announce Gaylord salvages are not best practice anymore?
I thought it would create a financial loss when using gaylords for salvage.
Best Practice, you funny!! If you can literally fill 1 gaylord in a 4 hour shift, then the practical time saved is worth it alone, take into account time to get good size boxes and freight weight/space on your sweep, sometimes a gaylord is WAY MORE practical!! isn't time money?

All of our online-only rewrapped items sit on the clearance endcaps and never sell. Never.

Which is why we started defecting them so we could put items that do sell on those endcaps.

But I totally understand your reasoning @allnew2 It just doesn't work for us.
I was Price Change TL for nearly six years until the position was eliminated. I did financials for 9 of the nearly 14 years I was at my former store. As Is & Online merchandise never sold. It took up valuable endcap space, got dirty & doesn't scan on the Regis system. Inventory 2019 was a nightmare. NO ONE prepped the sales floor to try to clear out As Is, Rewrap & Online crap. I did financials from 8:00 pm until 8:00 am. Regis was gone by 6:00 but the SD & I stayed to finish.

I’m assuming a rewrap or single item markdown as it’s called now would be the preferred way to push sales on discontinued items. I don’t believe defecting them is best practice.

Not at my store. If it doesn't belong in the store, to salvage it goes. They've removed the rewrap option for a lot of items, and my ETL said last year to get rid of it. We don't have room for all the crap that comes back from online purchases. Discontinued items recently on planograms are one thing, but if it's not that and it doesn't have a current or future plano, out it goes.

I am positively gleeful about salvaging out all the random crap lazy TMs try to stash where it doesn't belong that should be out the door. The store looks so much better when you're not dealing with a bunch of shit that doesn't belong. This may apply in particular to domestics/home, not sure, as I would imagine that stuff gets bought online & returned at a higher rate than other stuff (except style).

Back